News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David_Tepper

Poppy Hills Renovation Blog
« on: April 01, 2013, 08:38:12 AM »
Poppy Hills closed for play on March 11 to begin its renovation. You can follow the progress here:

http://renovation.poppyhillsgolf.com/

Connor Dougherty

Re: Poppy Hills Renovation Blog
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 06:04:40 AM »
I wanted to give this a bump because there are new threads on it, one consisting of before and after photos and another which is a photo tour showing Joann Dost's pictures. Both are worth looking at.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 09:43:38 AM by Connor Dougherty »
"The website is just one great post away from changing the world of golf architecture.  Make it." --Bart Bradley

Jack Parrish

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 11:09:12 AM »
Connor:

Thanks for bumping this to the front. Cool stuff, right up my alley.

JP

Michael Wharton-Palmer

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 11:29:05 AM »
Some very significant changes, looks very improved.
The par 3 changes are wonderful.
Looks like a very good job, are the plans to put it back onto the AT&T schedule?

Connor Dougherty

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 11:47:21 AM »
Some very significant changes, looks very improved.
The par 3 changes are wonderful.
Looks like a very good job, are the plans to put it back onto the AT&T schedule?

In my brief search, I couldn't find the original quote, but they have said that there are no plans to bring the AT&T back and that wasn't the intention of the renovation. But it's hard to imagine it won't get a look, especially since turning 12 into a par 4 will undoubtedly speed up play.

In the, "Looking at Everything Through a Player's Eye" entry, Charlton mentioned using slightly variated cuts where balls could end up in pretty severe places. I'm intrigued by the idea.

I agree with Michael, the par 3's look wonderful (the picture of 2 is remarkable) but my favorite from the photos has to be the 4th. I've liked that hole for a long time, but it looks truly remarkable now.

I've always liked Poppy despite its flaws in the past, but now I'm dying to play it. Here's to hoping it lives up to the hype.
"The website is just one great post away from changing the world of golf architecture.  Make it." --Bart Bradley

David_Tepper

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2014, 11:58:33 AM »
"Looks like a very good job, are the plans to put it back onto the AT&T schedule?"

Michael W-P,

I am pretty sure I heard during one of the broadcasts for the AT&T that the Monterey Peninsula CC courses will be part of the AT&T for at least the next 4 years. There was also talk about using the Shore and Dunes courses on alternate years.

DT

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back