News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Please note, each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us and we will be in contact.

Lynn_Shackelford

Re: Outsourcing Golf Course Maintainence
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2013, 09:35:32 AM »
I don't think the idea that most of the time management companies cut expenses is valid.  In some cases, yes that is the thing to do, as maybe the super became a bit lazy in his budgeting over several years.
I have been with two companies and I have personally witnessed numerous occasions where it was determined by the company that the path to greater profits was to increase the maintenance budget, and the budget was increased.  I just think that a good golf executive or super can assess every situation as unique. 
Now when an executive sitting in a conference room in a corporate offices determines that all their owned or leased courses need to reduce budgets by 10%, that is another issue and short sighted at best.
It must be kept in mind that the elusive charm of the game suffers as soon as any successful method of standardization is allowed to creep in.  A golf course should never pretend to be, nor is intended to be, an infallible tribunal.
               Tom Simpson

Michael Vogt, CGCS, CGIA

Re: Outsourcing Golf Course Maintainence
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2013, 11:15:28 AM »

These are the largest 25 golf management companies in the world as of 2012, (Golf Inc. Magazine). These companies grew by an average of 8% in 2011. Overall these top 25 companies manage 1,653 18-hole equivalents. In the U.S.A. these companies grew by an average of 11% in 2011 alone.

Troon Golf-210      
Pacific Golf Management-158      
Accordia Golf-138      
Billy Casper Golf-131      
Club Corp-128      
American Golf-109      
KemperSports-107      
Eagle Golf-77      
Century Golf Partners-65      
Marriott Golf-63      
Cannongate/ Sequoia-59      
Club Link-51               
OB Sports-42      
Crown Golf-39
Lindsey Management-32
Sunbelt golf-26
Heritage Golf-26
Landscapes Golf-26
Touchstone Golf-22
PGA Tour-21
CourseCo-20
Affinity-20
Destinations Resort-19
Hampton Golf-18
Kitson Partners-17
TOTAL         1,624

Good, bad or indifferent, management companies are very successful in their business model. It seems as the economy turns its back on expendable income and the average Joe that fueled golf’s boom in the 90s and early 2000s more courses and on the bubble clubs are climbing aboard to stop the bleeding.

Country Clubs and Churches; there’re run like nobodies business!

This is a good read for anyone that’s wants to know more about management companies:
http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/cypress/golfinc_2011summer/index.php?startid=24#/24

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back