News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Colin Sheehan

Hundred Hole Hike Charity Event at Stonewall
« on: March 26, 2013, 10:26:09 AM »
Ladies and Gentlemen of GCA and beyond,

Please allow me to pass along the invitations to two charity golf events organized by the Outpost Club.

The first is an outing for The American Cancer Society at Plainfield Country Club in Edison, New Jersey, on Tuesday, May 7th. It is a 1:30pm shotgun with all the expected bells and whistles of one-day charity outings. Cost: $535.00 per person which includes, golf, locker, driving range, lunch, cocktail hour with open bar, sit down dinner and tee gift. We ask that those who do attend bring their check book and make a donation to the American Cancer Society on the day of the event in whatever amount they choose.

The second event is the first annual Hundred Hole Hike Tournament that will take place at Stonewall (Old) in Elverson, PA, on Monday, June 17--the day after the final round of the US Open in Ardmore.  

Here's some notes from the full invitation:

The Outpost Club has teamed up with the One Divot Foundation and Hundred Hole Hike (HHH) to raise money for various worthwhile charitable causes. The first annual Hundred Hole Hike Tournament will take place on June 17th on the Old Course at Stonewall Links in Elverson, Pennsylvania, just west of Philadelphia. That is the day after the final round of the U.S. Open at Merion in nearby Ardmore.

For this event, each two-person team will choose a cause and then reach out to their network of friends and family to collect pledges on either a lump-sum or per-hole basis. Players must walk a minimum of 54-holes but everyone is encouraged to walk 100 or more in order to raise as much money as possible for the cause of their choice.

The format of this event reflects our society's love for alternate shot. Starting as soon as daylight permits on Monday morning, two-person teams will play pure alternate shot as they make as many trips around the course as they possibly can. The team's final score will be determined by adding up the two lowest scores from each hole throughout the day. The Outpost Club is making a substantial donation to the charities of choice for the Net and Gross Division winners.

We are fortunate to play the event at the Old Course at Stonewall where they also have a very attractive and welcoming clubhouse complex that will serve as the hub for this busy day. The cost for the event will be $315 per player. This covers both day-of items like golf, breakfast, lunch, dinner, sports drinks and energy bars, as well as other items like a Linksoul shirt and a dozen Bridgestone golf balls with the Hundred Hole Hike logo. In addition, it allows participants the ability to purchase other HHH gear like flags and Kentwool socks at cost. The event cost will also allow participants to use the very convenient pledging tools on the Hundred Hole Hike website to help gather pledges.

Fortunately, Stonewall happens to have a very good "walkability" index and the tees for that day will reflect the shortest transfers between holes. At the same time, if you feel you are not able to participate as a contestant, we would love to have people in the area come volunteer their time-and offer moral support.

Everyone is welcome to join us for either event. Please forward to any friends or acquaintances. If you are interested or if you have any questions, please email us at events@outpostclub.com.

Cheers,
Colin
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 04:42:23 PM by Colin Sheehan »

Colin Sheehan

Hundred Hole Hike Charity Event at Stonewall
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 04:41:41 PM »
I just wanted to give this a bump in case anyone would like to participate. Yes, it's possible Tiger and Sergio will be playing an 18-hole playoff at Merion, so there's always that risk. Should be a really fun day. 

Chris, I believed I replied to you, but I'm not sure if the private message was sent correctly. We have a partner for you.
-Colin

Bill Boonn

Re: Hundred Hole Hike Charity Event at Stonewall
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 10:46:11 AM »
One final bump  ---   I just signed up to participate: http://hundredholehike.com/golfers/bill-boonn

I want to thank Colin, the Outpost Club, and Stonewall for helping to organize this great event to support the Hundred Hole Hike and the charities.   Can't wait!

Bill

David Cronheim

Re: Hundred Hole Hike Charity Event at Stonewall
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 11:26:01 AM »
One final bump  ---   I just signed up to participate: http://hundredholehike.com/golfers/bill-boonn

I want to thank Colin, the Outpost Club, and Stonewall for helping to organize this great event to support the Hundred Hole Hike and the charities.   Can't wait!

Bill

Agreed, Bill. If I weren't on my honeymoon that week, I would be there. It's a fantastic event and charity. Nice work setting it up, Colin.
Check out my golf law blog - Tee, Esq.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back