News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

V. Kmetz

Just say, the names...1, 2, 3...Answer the questions and it will be...Speak the truth and bring to light what you would do with a Master's right....Ali Baba, Open Sesame...

1. In retrospect, what is the finest course that you have played the least?

2. If you could host a professional major at a course that has neither hosted one, isn't slated to host one, or hasn't hosted one in more than 25 years, which course would that be? (Facility is no matter; the Golf Genie conjures a site plan, you get to do set-up)

3. What is the best course on which you played your best round? (The Genie says that if this is the same as #1, devolve to the next choice)

The Genie kindly asks that you not list more than three (3) courses total, as that is what has been asked for in response.  No ties, no alternate or international versions or time traveling. In addition to paving your return visit(s), the Genie will also get you in the Par 3 contest at Augusta paired with contestant of choice, if you comply.

cheers

vk

Mine:
1. NGLA (finest among one-visits)
2. Winged Foot East
3. Yale

"The tee shot must first be hit straight and long between a vast bunker on the left which whispers 'slice' in the player's ear, and a wilderness on the right which induces a hurried hook." -

Ben Jarvis

1. Cypress Point
2. Royal County Down
3. Bandon Dunes
Twitter: @BennyJarvis
Instagram: @bennyj08

Mac Plumart

what is the finest course that you have played the least?

The Old Course, only been around once.

If you could host a professional major at a course that has neither hosted one, isn't slated to host one, or hasn't hosted one in more than 25 years, which course would that be?

Sand Hills

What is the best course on which you played your best round?

My first go-round at NGLA was solid.
Sportsman/Adventure loving golfer.

Tom ORourke

1. Pine Valley - once
2. Aronimink
3. Huntingdon Valley

Scott Szabo

1.  Sand Hills
2.  Sand Hills
3.  Ballyneal (68)
"So your man hit it into a fairway bunker, hit the wrong side of the green, and couldn't hit a hybrid off a sidehill lie to take advantage of his length? We apologize for testing him so thoroughly." - Tom Doak, 6/29/10

Shane Wright

1. Royal County Down - 2plays
2. Royal Portrush - needs the Open to return
3. Royal County Down 76 from tips

BHoover

1. The Golf Club (played it just once)
2.  Prestwick
3.  Brookside CC (Canton) (75 from the tips)

Matthew Rose

1. Commonwealth on the Melbourne Sandbelt (once)

2. Pine Valley. It will never happen, but it's a nice pipe dream. To think a course consistently rated the best in the world has never hosted a major championship is sad, even if there are a lot of good reasons for it not to happen.

3. Fossil Trace (72)
(I have two 70s but they were at Park Hill)
American-Australian. Trackman Course Guy. Fatalistic sports fan. Drummer. Bass player. Father. Cat lover.

Chris Cupit

1.  Pine Valley (1)
2.  NGLA
3.  Augusta National (69)

Chris Johnston

1.  Cypress Point.

2.  Pine Valley.

3.  Sand Hills.

Tim Gavrich

1. Palmetto GC, probably

2. I'll be a homer and say my home course, Pawleys Plantation G&CC. I'd love to see what scores would be shot here.

3. Yale--shot 68 on my own ball in the state Four-Ball tournament a couple summers ago.
Senior Writer, GolfPass

Eric Smith

St. Andrews

Renaissance Club

Harbour Town

Joe_Tucholski

1. Old Mac
2. Cruden Bay - would be interested to see how they handle quirk
3. Eisenhower Golf Club at the Air Force Academy - Not as solid a course as many listed but it was in my whip it out top 25.

Thomas Dai

1) Muirfield
2) Royal Aberdeen
3) Carnoustie

All the best

Mark Pearce

Much, much easier than the other one:

1) Cypress Point Club
2) Royal Dornoch
3) Muirfield
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

jonathan_becker

Shinnecock
County Down
Barnbougle

Keith OHalloran

1) Friar's Head
2) Pine Valley
3) St George's NY (only place I have ever broken par)

Sean Leary

1) Shinnecock
2) Prairie Dunes
3) The Old Course (71 with a triple on 17)

Mark Saltzman

1) NGLA

2) Highlands Links

3) The Old Course (71)

Jonathan Mallard

1. Royal County Down
2. Royal County Down
3. Bethpage Black

Bill Crane

1)   Crystal Downs  ( beautiful !! )

2)  Royal Portrush   ( in honor of P. J. Stevenson )

3)  Merion   (77 ! only time I broke 80 here and only time I shot lower score than double D ).
                              { did shoot an 80 from the back at Plainfield }

Matthew Petersen

1. In retrospect, what is the finest course that you have played the least?

Pebble Beach

2. If you could host a professional major at a course that has neither hosted one, isn't slated to host one, or hasn't hosted one in more than 25 years, which course would that be? (Facility is no matter; the Golf Genie conjures a site plan, you get to do set-up)

Pine Valley

3. What is the best course on which you played your best round? (The Genie says that if this is the same as #1, devolve to the next choice)

Ventana Canyon

Matt Bosela

1. NGLA
2. Pine Valley (full disclosure - I haven't played here but that wasn't mentioned as a prerequisite by the O.P.)
3. Bethpage Black

Anders Rytter

Quite a few of the very good courses i've played have been one-timers (so far) but
1. Crystal Downs

Would love to see their short game here
2. Ballyneal

3. Carnoustie
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 12:59:39 PM by Anders Rytter »

Jason Topp

Not sure I understand the questions because 1 and 3 are doubles, but

1.  Royal Melbourne West - 1 time  (course I like the best I have played once)
2.  Kingsley Club
3.  Bunker Hills (74) - None of my best scores in stroke play competition were on very good courses.  I don't really consider rounds outside of competition as legitimate candidates for best round (too many conceded putts, too much stroke control).  Bunker Hills is my favorite of the courses where I have posted a decent number. 

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back