News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tim Liddy

Re: Ohio GCA gathering
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2013, 05:17:49 PM »
I can probably arrange a round at Hyde Park (Ross) in Cincinnati for 3 or 4 groups if it will help.

Billsteele

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2013, 06:42:10 PM »
Hyde Park is a very good Ross design on the near East side of Cincinnati. This is a very generous offer from Tim.

Bill McKinley

« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2013, 07:40:30 PM »
The July dates will not work for me.  I'll be knee deep in the Canterbury Member Guest.  I don't think I could take those two days off  ;D.  Although I will still keep checking this thread to see if the dates change.  Would love to meet a bunch of you guys!
2016 Highlights:  Streamsong Blue (3/17); Streamsong Red (3/17); Charles River Club (5/16); The Country Club - Brookline (5/17); Myopia Hunt Club (5/17); Fishers Island Club (5/18); Aronomink GC (10/16); Pine Valley GC (10/17); Somerset Hills CC (10/18)

Brian Finn

« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2013, 09:52:01 PM »
I can probably arrange a round at Hyde Park (Ross) in Cincinnati for 3 or 4 groups if it will help.
As Bill said, this really is a nice offer from Tim.  I suppose we should shift our focus to Cincinnati, then!  Not only is this a solid course around which we can organize the meetup, but also several of the interested folks are in that area.  I will contact Tim to see what date/time he can arrange.  

If there is interest in playing another course in the area as part of the gathering, please offer up some suggestions. I have not played much in Cincinnati, but would love to check out another course or two.  

Meanwhile, if anyone does want to meetup in Columbus, I am always up for a game and happy to host. 
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 09:53:37 PM by Brian Finn »
New for '24: Monifieth x2, Montrose x2, Panmure, Carnoustie x3, Scotscraig, Kingsbarns, Elie, Dumbarnie, Lundin, Belvedere, The Loop x2, Forest Dunes, Arcadia Bluffs x2, Kapalua Plantation, Windsong Farm, Minikahda...

Criss Titschinger

« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2013, 09:52:52 PM »
I could make that weekend work at Hyde Park. It is a very generous offer, indeed!

Jason Thurman

« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2013, 11:25:11 PM »
Cincinnati works great for me, obviously.

I can look into Clovernook as an option for one of the days as well, if there's interest.
"There will always be haters. That’s just the way it is. Hating dudes marry hating women and have hating ass kids." - Evan Turner

Some of y'all have never been called out in bold green font and it really shows.

Doug Ralston

« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2013, 08:21:25 AM »

I can look into Clovernook as an option for one of the days as well, if there's interest.

I cannot play, but I am surprised after the great write-up on Clovernook [Langford & Morreau] Jason did that this was not called for immeadiately. Looks like a heck of a architecture opportunity, as well as a fun track.

Doug
Where is everybody? Where is Tommy N? Where is John K? Where is Jay F? What has happened here? Has my absence caused this chaos? I'm sorry. All my rowdy friends have settled down ......... somewhere else!

Brian Finn

« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2013, 02:55:28 PM »

This sounds great. I really enjoyed your photos and write up. Let us know if you think we can get out there.

Thank you, Jason.
New for '24: Monifieth x2, Montrose x2, Panmure, Carnoustie x3, Scotscraig, Kingsbarns, Elie, Dumbarnie, Lundin, Belvedere, The Loop x2, Forest Dunes, Arcadia Bluffs x2, Kapalua Plantation, Windsong Farm, Minikahda...

JLahrman

« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2013, 07:48:43 PM »
Damn, is mid-July still the potential date for this? I heavily doubt I would be able to make it, but Clovernook AND Hyde Park would be a sweet opportunity.

Tim Liddy

« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2013, 09:35:44 AM »
We can also take a side tour of the Cincinnati IRS office. Should be interesting.

BHoover

« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2013, 11:39:43 AM »
We can also take a side tour of the Cincinnati IRS office. Should be interesting.

Interestingly enough, I'll be participating in an audit settlement conference with the IRS all this week in their Columbus office.  I will be attending the conference as in-house counsel along with our outside counsel, and I intend to rib them every chance I get that we could have settled much sooner had they not spent so much time investigating the tea party. I'm sure they'll see the humor.

Brian Laurent

« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2013, 09:20:13 PM »
Don't want this to die! Depending on dates, I would be interested.
"You know the two easiest jobs in the world? College basketball coach or golf course superintendent, because everybody knows how to do your job better than you do." - Roy Williams | @brianjlaurent | @OHSuperNetwork

Brian Finn

« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2013, 10:33:03 PM »
Don't want this to die! Depending on dates, I would be interested.

Right now we are working out dates...looking like it will likely be mid/late August based on preliminary feedback from Hyde Park and Clovernook.  Once we get more concrete details, we will post them and gather commitments.

Thanks, Brian!

BHoover

« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2013, 10:35:24 PM »
Can we invite Holly Sonders???

Brian Finn

« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2013, 10:39:43 PM »
Yes.  Done.

She accepted...you should have seen the photo she sent me from her iPhone.

BHoover

« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2013, 11:43:58 PM »
Yes.  Done.

She accepted...you should have seen the photo she sent me from her iPhone.

Excellent. She's welcome to stay at my house, but she can leave Erik Kuselius at home.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back