News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mac Plumart

Compare and Contrat the New #2 with the Old #2
« on: April 02, 2011, 10:36:34 AM »
I just got back from a trip to Pinehurst with the main focus to check out the New #2.  I had the opportunity to play #2 last year and with the course still fresh in my mind, I wanted to check out the work by Coore and Crenshaw on the New #2.  

I tried to take photos from the exact same spots I did last year in order to come up with a nice apples to apples comparision of the course.  However when I didn't have a good applicable photo to use for the "Old", I borrowed from The Sandhills Insider (which is in my opinion the best site for information on the Pinehurst area).   I also have some older photos that I got from the Tufts Archives of some holes, which really make for unique comparing and contrasting.  I'll post those as appropriate.

For starters, here is the tee shot on hole #1 then and now.

Sportsman/Adventure loving golfer.

Mac Plumart

Re: Compare and Contrat the New #2 with the Old #2
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 04:48:49 PM »
I think that y'all might be burned out on Pinehurst #2 threads.  So rather than pester you with more of these photos, here is a link to my site and my Pinehurst #2 review.  http://www.mrpgolf.com/Pinehurst_2.html  Some of the photos are up and I'll be  putting some of the Tufts Archives photos on there as well.

Sportsman/Adventure loving golfer.

Steve Kline

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 09:11:41 PM »
Mac - there is no doubt some of the greens were added to. I have played the ourse enough over 20 years. Holes 6, 7, 15, and 17 definitely had bigger greens.

Jud_T

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 02:56:36 PM »
Mac,

Nice work!
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back