News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Randy Thompson

Re: Everyone Loves a Dead Tree. Who would Jesus be without one?
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2013, 09:29:06 PM »
I have seen hundreds and when asked, what do you think my answers has remained the same through out some 30 years! Cut it down or glue some green leaves on it! So John, not everyone love a dead tree, at least when it is trying to passed as art in a surrounding living enviroment. But, I do like them where they belong... in a fireplace!

Joe Stansell

« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2013, 10:35:03 PM »
Not dead. But a tree. The only tree. At Chambers Bay.

Joel_Stewart

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2013, 11:00:59 PM »
It's not even on a golf course but I relate this tree to Pebble and Cypress Point.

I still remember seeing it almost 50 years ago when we took a drive on the 17 mile drive.  Up until about 15 years ago you could walk out there on a path and then some idiot tried to light it on fire. 

Tom_Doak

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2013, 11:12:55 PM »
I think that keeping the tree at Old Macdonald was inspired by the snag that's next to the halfway house at Pacific Dunes, which you see when playing the 3rd and 12th holes.  That tree is 90% dead but hanging in there.  Jim Urbina even transplanted a dead tree on 16 at Pacific, from the fairway into the rough.

Don_Mahaffey

« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2013, 11:26:05 PM »
I would've liked to have the contract for moving dead juniper snags around at Pronghorn. They love their old dead snags in Central Oregon.

Matthew Essig

« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2013, 02:39:01 AM »
Not dead. But a tree. The only tree. At Chambers Bay.

It was half-dead when someone took an axe to it a couple years ago. It is fine now.
"Good GCA should offer an interesting golfing challenge to the golfer not a difficult golfing challenge." Jon Wiggett

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back