News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Brian Ross

More RGD in Michigan
« on: April 10, 2015, 10:09:59 AM »
Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I haven't been on here much lately and a quick search turned up nada. Looks like the Renaissance Design Crew is going to be staying busy close to home.

http://www.golfcoursearchitecture.net/Article/New-course-set-to-be-built-at-Gull-Lake-View-Golf-Club/3388/Default.aspx#.VSfYsflzTQg

Congrats guys!

« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 04:03:51 PM by Brian Ross »
Time is but the stream I go a-fishing in.

http://www.rossgolfarchitects.com

Buck Wolter

Re: More Doak in Michigan
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 11:24:19 AM »
You buried the lede:

Doak to design course in Augusta!

http://www.gulllakeview.com/about-gull-lake-view.html
Those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience -- CS Lewis

Andrew Buck

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2015, 12:49:44 PM »
been there several times, and the current courses are pretty brutal, IMO.

With this addition, maybe worth going back. 

Brian Joines

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2015, 01:17:55 PM »
Has anyone seen Gull Lake Country Club? From the aerials, it looks like a decent classic design. It doesn't appear to be affiliated with the resort.

George Freeman

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2015, 02:40:04 PM »
Awesome news!  I want to hear more about the site.
Mayhugh is my hero!!

"I love creating great golf courses.  I love shaping earth...it's a canvas." - Donald J. Trump

Chris_Blakely

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2015, 03:05:22 PM »
Has anyone seen Gull Lake Country Club? From the aerials, it looks like a decent classic design. It doesn't appear to be affiliated with the resort.

Played the course once, it is private and not affiliated with Gull Lake View Resort.  Course was originally built around 1911, I believe the bunkers were renovated in the 90's, but the greens appear to have not been significantly altered.

Chris

Tom_Doak

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2015, 03:45:23 PM »
For those of lesser reading comprehension, this project is being designed and built by my associates, and I was happy to be able to set it up that way.  I have no role in the design, other than putting the client in excellent hands.  My time this summer is focused fully on Forest Dunes; but this is a great way for my crew to make a bit more money and get a taste of working on their own, so I can spend more time on whatever I want to do.

Mike Schott

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2015, 04:06:19 PM »
been there several times, and the current courses are pretty brutal, IMO.

With this addition, maybe worth going back. 

Same here. I've played Gull Lake East and West and Stonehedge N and S many times as part of a golf weekend with friends. The East and West courses have some brutal carries for mid to high handicap golfers. The Stonehedge courses are much better with the South being the prettier and more tree lined and the North really coming into it's own. I wonder where the property is for the new course?

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back