News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David Royer

Re: Streamsong knocks it out of the Ballpark!
« Reply #75 on: February 14, 2013, 08:22:29 AM »
I'm the guy sitting in the genuine armadillo chair enjoying my $16 blacken grouper sandwich. The arrow is pointing at the chair?   I have on occasion been mistaken as a armadillo in TinCup!   As an official observer, Pete was genuinely giddy over the prospect of the $12 dog!  

Mike Sweeney

« Reply #76 on: February 14, 2013, 08:55:56 AM »
Mike and I played our match for the coveted $12 hot dog.  Cut it in half and it becomes 2 $6 dogs.  

Pete
At least he didn't go for the $80.00 steak

Or $17 burger!  I forgot to mention the highlight of the story. Upon arrival, Mike introduced himself to the pro shop guys, and then proceeded to talk about this thread and pulled it up for them!  Feedback in action!  We'll see if it get dropped to $11.  

Pete you have been trained well. My suggestion is they learn "Disney Magic". Drop it to $9.00 and then offer it as part of the $18 "lunch special" !!

PS. Disney Magic = Having the consumer pay 33% more than they expected to pay and feel GREAT about it !!  :D
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 08:58:25 AM by Mike Sweeney »

Eric Smith

« Reply #77 on: February 14, 2013, 09:04:39 AM »

Pete you have been trained well. My suggestion is they learn "Disney Magic". Drop it to $9.00 and then offer it as part of the $18 "lunch special" !!

PS. Disney Magic = Having the consumer pay 33% more than they expected to pay and feel GREAT about it !!  :D

"Would you like a Red or Blue top on your refillable Streamsong mug, Mr. Sweeney?"

Mike Hendren

« Reply #78 on: February 14, 2013, 09:28:47 AM »
That's one large dog.  Perhaps they should nickname it "The Homewrecker."

For those not in the know, Pete was the third member of the Hillbilly Tour.  Great to see him back here.

Bogey
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #79 on: February 14, 2013, 10:20:10 AM »
Mike and I played our match for the coveted $12 hot dog.  Cut it in half and it becomes 2 $6 dogs.

Exactly, it's two $6 dogs that just happen to be attached. That puts the price less than a Mets game dog!

Mike pulled out all the stops to win, including holing an approach on Red 5 and snaking a birdie on 6.  And there were a couple of holes on the back where I hit good shots and the balls were nowhere to be found...hmmm. :) 

You forgot to mention that one of your lost balls was due to darkness!

For his prize he chose the $16 salad instead of the $12 hot dog.

Let's be fair... my salad was only $14.
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Jim_Kennedy

« Reply #80 on: February 14, 2013, 10:31:07 AM »
Mike and I played our match for the coveted $12 hot dog.  Cut it in half and it becomes 2 $6 dogs.

Exactly, it's two $6 dogs that just happen to be attached. That puts the price less than a Mets game dog!

I won't delve into the hilarity of having to halve a hot dog to make economic sense  ;D, but I will ask if they hit you with a plate sharing charge?  :o
"I never beat a well man in my life" - Harry Vardon

Pete Buczkowski

« Reply #81 on: February 14, 2013, 11:34:32 AM »

I won't delve into the hilarity of having to halve a hot dog to make economic sense  ;D, but I will ask if they hit you with a plate sharing charge?  :o

I had both halves of the dog. Damn this thread for making me actually want to spend $12 for a dog. Might cost me my Hillbilly and BBGE cards. However I got way more than my money's worth out of that dog. First it propelled me to a quick 3-up lead on Mr Whittaker. And I also enjoyed the dog all round as I belched my way around the Blue. The lunch that just kept on giving. Tell me you can get that much out of a $14 salad?  My apologies for exaggerating the cost ;)

Pete Buczkowski

« Reply #82 on: February 14, 2013, 11:38:18 AM »

Pete
At least he didn't go for the $80.00 steak

Or $17 burger!  I forgot to mention the highlight of the story. Upon arrival, Mike introduced himself to the pro shop guys, and then proceeded to talk about this thread and pulled it up for them!  Feedback in action!  We'll see if it get dropped to $11.  

Even our Disney Guests would bristle at the prices down there. They need the Streamsong dining plan where they bundle the $5 bagel with the $12 hot dog.

Jim_Kennedy

« Reply #83 on: February 14, 2013, 02:06:30 PM »
Damn this thread for making me actually want to spend $12 for a dog.

I don't exactly know why I'm chuckling about your remark. I guess it's partly because they have successfully disguised the true nature of the product they are selling by literally putting "lipstick on a pig" and charging 12 beans (oops, no beans) for it.   ;D

"I never beat a well man in my life" - Harry Vardon

John_Cullum

« Reply #84 on: February 14, 2013, 03:35:46 PM »
Streamsong may be the only place on the planet where one could justify sending back a hotdog because it has not been prepared to one's liking.

I hear the ketchup is homemade. Hard to beat Heinz
"We finally beat Medicare. "

jeffwarne

« Reply #85 on: February 14, 2013, 03:47:01 PM »
Streamsong may be the only place on the planet where one could justify sending back a hotdog because it has not been prepared to one's liking.

I hear the ketchup is homemade. Hard to beat Heinz

John,
It's hard to beat steamed buns and dogs from a Bunn-o- matic also.(the inventer was a Long Cove member ;D)
But you can't charge $12 unless you go all Shi Shi with the presentation ;) ;D.

They could at least give it a fancy name- What about "Blistering Canine" or "Tropical Weiners" (wouldn't want to swap those adjectives :o :o)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 04:11:24 PM by jeffwarne »
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

Mark Pritchett

« Reply #86 on: February 14, 2013, 03:53:19 PM »
Think of the $12 hot dog as a food minimum for public courses. 

Tom Dunne

« Reply #87 on: February 14, 2013, 03:54:51 PM »
I've had this $12 dog. McKayla is not impressed. The food at Streamsong was okay, but the prices did make me wonder if I was suddenly living in a country where you have to take a wheelbarrow of cash to the market. If this doesn't get ironed out, at some point a thread on Lakeland/Bartow restaurants will be a good public service. I say this as someone who's perfectly willing to be a captive audience at a golf resort. Cabot Links came flying out of the gate with a terrific F&B operation and great service of same--when I visited I didn't even entertain the thought of dining elsewhere. For me, Streamsong didn't exactly live up to that standard.

Daryl David

« Reply #88 on: February 14, 2013, 04:09:24 PM »
Alright, lets get the betting underway.  What is the over/under on how long till they either pull the dog off the menu or reduce the price?  When a run of the mill restaurant swirls into a Yelp inferno, they general act quickly to stem the internet flaming.  Of course GCA does not have the eyeballs that Yelp has.  But then again, the core of the target market for this golf course is on this site daily. 

If in their shoes, I would act fairly quickly.  I would not want my new business defined by this.  Best to make a joke on yourself, say you are sorry and offer a $6 dog that looks exactly the same.  I grew up in the restaurant business and I know just looking at the picture that at $6 the margin on each plate is still very healthy.

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #89 on: February 14, 2013, 04:10:27 PM »
Let's put this into context... in NYC (the land of pricey meals) you can get two dogs and a drink for $4.95 at Gray's Papaya.

"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #90 on: February 14, 2013, 04:14:27 PM »
That's one large dog.  Perhaps they should nickname it "The Homewrecker."

For those not in the know, Pete was the third member of the Hillbilly Tour.  Great to see him back here.

Bogey
I see you watch Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. I can still hear her call.

BCrosby

« Reply #91 on: February 14, 2013, 04:15:29 PM »
Gray's P -  

Best. Lunch. Ever.

Bob

Tim Martin

« Reply #92 on: February 14, 2013, 06:44:14 PM »
Damn this thread for making me actually want to spend $12 for a dog.

I don't exactly know why I'm chuckling about your remark. I guess it's partly because they have successfully disguised the true nature of the product they are selling by literally putting "lipstick on a pig" and charging 12 beans (oops, no beans) for it.   ;D

Why the ketchup? Sacrilege!!!

Mike Sweeney

« Reply #93 on: February 14, 2013, 06:54:44 PM »
Let's put this into context... in NYC (the land of pricey meals) you can get two dogs and a drink for $4.95 at Gray's Papaya.

Mr Whit and Bob Crosby,

You guys stick to Rib Joints okay?  :D

The original:

http://www.papayaking.com/index.php/about/

Gray's is the former partner...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gray%27s_Papaya

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #94 on: February 14, 2013, 11:46:57 PM »
E. 86th Street, huh.

Well, I'm buying the next time I'm in NYC... which is Feb 25.

mike_beene

« Reply #95 on: February 15, 2013, 12:39:54 AM »
This thread has killed my interest in going to Streamsong.I get so tired of being nickled and dimed.If there is a 25 dollar resort fee at a Marriott in Hawaii just put in in the room charge and I won't notice.I enjoy playing at my club and other peoples clubs enough that I am about done with this high end public access charge it because we will pay it crap.Makes me appreciate Scotland,the Broadmoor and Pine Needles and even the Cliffs in Carolina where the second round of the day costs the same as a Streamsong hotdog.

Greg Chambers

« Reply #96 on: February 15, 2013, 12:44:53 AM »
it doesn't look like a $12 hot dog to me...wtf with the carrot and celery?...and who puts ketchup on a dog?!?...culinary gurus down there in florida  ::)
"It's good sportsmanship to not pick up lost golf balls while they are still rolling.”

David_Elvins

« Reply #97 on: February 15, 2013, 12:51:27 AM »
This thread has killed my interest in going to Streamsong.I get so tired of being nickled and dimed.If there is a 25 dollar resort fee at a Marriott in Hawaii just put in in the room charge and I won't notice.

I think a lot of it is the age we live in.  Internet comparison sites mean that companies such as airlines, hotels, resorts and strip clubs have all geared their price structure towards a low (or lowish) base rate and then charge (and charge, and charge) for extras.  

You might not notice the $25 resort fee at the marriott included in your room price but a certain percentage of people looking at a price comparison website would.  
Ask not what GolfClubAtlas can do for you; ask what you can do for GolfClubAtlas.

Sven Nilsen

« Reply #98 on: February 15, 2013, 12:52:57 AM »
"As much as we have learned about the history of golf architecture in the last ten plus years, I'm convinced we have only scratched the surface."  A GCA Poster

"There's the golf hole; play it any way you please." Donald Ross

mike_beene

« Reply #99 on: February 15, 2013, 12:55:15 AM »
Looks like 200 bucks worth of food.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back