News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David Harshbarger

Re: Overlooked Courses
« Reply #75 on: February 03, 2013, 12:00:19 PM »
Brian Schneider told me I had to see Glens Falls CC, which I'd never heard anyone mention, either.

Tom,

He called me after the first nine to thank me for insisting he go there.
That was cool! It's certainly the biggest suprise I've had in the last 10 years.
Easily in my Top 100

Hope you enjoy it if you go.

My other would be Enniscrone. It's not perfect, but so what, its a crafty ride full of great suprises with some of the better unusual holes in golf.
That's an A+ in my books, flaws and all...

GFCC is at the top of my list for 2013.  I drove up to see what's to be seen Christmas-eve day, and it looks fantastic.  The course sits on a gentle slope, with some good elevation changes internally, and the holes I could see really seem to take good advantage of that.

As a club it was nice to see 40 cars in the parking lot, too, on a non- golf day and season.

The trouble with modern equipment and distance—and I don't see anyone pointing this out—is that it robs from the player's experience. - Mickey Wright

Tim_Weiman

Re: Overlooked Courses
« Reply #76 on: February 03, 2013, 04:40:56 PM »
One place nobody seems to talk about is Lakewood Shores in Oscoda, Michigan. It has been a look time since I have been there, but I remember it was a pretty cool place that wasn't bad for an amateur architect.
Tim Weiman

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back