News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

JMEvensky

Re: 2020 US Open to Winged Foot to be announced tomorrow
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2013, 03:26:51 PM »
VK,I was just parsing PM's use of the phrase "almost unrelenting".You know,like he likes to do.

WF-W is just a big swinging dick golf course--period,paragraph.There's not a square inch of "relenting" from the first tee to the eighteenth green.And I don't care what par you give each hole.

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2013, 07:50:51 PM »
VKmetz,

WFW with wind would be impossible.

It's probably the hardest member golf course I've ever played from every set of tees and at par 70 it's almost unrelenting.

Where's the relenting part?

5, 6 and 7
11 & 12

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2013, 07:53:02 PM »
VK,I was just parsing PM's use of the phrase "almost unrelenting".You know,like he likes to do.

WF-W is just a big swinging dick golf course--period,paragraph.There's not a square inch of "relenting" from the first tee to the eighteenth green.And I don't care what par you give each hole.

JME,

5, 6, 7 and 11 & 12 represent "relenting" holes

JESII

« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2013, 07:56:14 PM »
I don't know Pat...5 out of 18 sounds downright benign...I would pay to see one of those rainbow colored disagreements between the guy that called the course "almost unrelenting" and the guy that listed 5 examples of relented golf...

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2013, 08:00:46 PM »
VK,

9 & 16 are not difficult member holes and the stretch of 5, 6 and 7 is a bit of a break, as is 11 and 12.

When people ask me about WFW, I tell them that I've never had a straight putt that was 10' or longer, and that recovery from missing a green at the flanks or long is very, very difficult.

V. Kmetz

« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2013, 10:34:46 PM »
PM,

As you saw in my earlier post, I exactly agree.

cheers

vk
"The tee shot must first be hit straight and long between a vast bunker on the left which whispers 'slice' in the player's ear, and a wilderness on the right which induces a hurried hook." -

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back