News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tyler Kearns

Re: Dixie Cup 2013
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2013, 01:43:41 AM »
Craig,

Please mark me down for a spot if still available, and thanks for organizing the event.

TK

Eric Strulowitz

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2013, 03:21:27 PM »
Great venues, would love to attend.  Please mark  me down if there is space still available, would not be surprised if this fills up quickly

Thanks for organizing.

Eric Strulowitz

Bill Gayne

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2013, 09:10:51 PM »
Like to go but need to wait to see the high school football schedule before committing to three days.

Thanks to all that organize the Dixie Cup!

ed_getka

« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2013, 12:08:48 AM »
Count me in. I'm hoping my "accountant" loses track of all the golf I'm shooting for this year. :)
"Perimeter-weighted fairways", The best euphemism for containment mounding I've ever heard.

Bryan Drennon

« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2013, 09:01:31 AM »
same here. If there's space and you're taking names, I'd like in.

Doug Wright

« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2013, 10:19:45 AM »
I'd like to attend if possible--haven't made one of these since Cuscowilla (featuring Mike Young and Charlie Rymer) many years ago.
Twitter: @Deneuchre

Bill_McBride

« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2013, 10:33:12 AM »
I'd like to attend if possible--haven't made one of these since Cuscowilla (featuring Mike Young and Charlie Rymer) many years ago.

But I'll bet you remember the DD joke!   ;D

Eric Smith

« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2013, 11:28:03 AM »

But I'll bet you remember the DD joke!   ;D

I didn't know that Mike could top that one, but he certainly did Monday morning with a hilarious retelling of a story about a "beautiful dick".

Craig Disher

« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2013, 01:02:30 PM »
Bump. Watch post #1 for new info.

hhuffines

« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2013, 02:58:55 PM »
Craig, please add me to your list.  Thanks!  Hart

Joel Zuckerman

« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2013, 10:11:24 PM »
Please add me to the list also, and thank you

Chris Shaida

« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2013, 10:17:11 PM »
Tell me where to send the $150 and add me to the list (or the waiting list if you've already gotten to the 24)

Have you moved in yet?

Tim Gavrich

« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2013, 10:47:03 PM »
I'd love to at least show up in a fill-in capacity on Saturday or Sunday but can't commit to the full deal as yet. It'll be quite a great time, I reckon.
Senior Writer, GolfPass

Craig Disher

« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2013, 03:48:52 PM »
Bump. Selections and other info now in post #1.

Lou_Duran

« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2013, 06:04:37 PM »
Craig,

Please check your IM (particularly on 1/24).  Is there also a random selection for the wait list?  Or is the Committee not entertaining certain expressions of interest?

Thanks,

Lou  ???

Evan Fleisher

« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2013, 06:40:03 PM »
-------3/11/2013------

The dates and venue for this year's Dixie Cup have been set. Here's the schedule:

Friday, Oct 11 - 1PM Tobacco Road GC
Saturday, Oct 12 - Dormie Club (tee times tbd)
Sunday, Oct 13 - Dormie Club (tee times tbd)

There will be spaces for 24 golfers. If they are vacancies near the time of the event "walk-ups" will be welcome.

Ran generously has offered to host a group either before or after the event at Southern Pines GC and a get-together later at his home. We also hope to settle soon on a restaurant for dinner Saturday night.

The random selection of participants has been completed. Those who weren't selected have been put on an ordered wait list. If someone selected decides not to attend or fails to send the deposit, they will be replaced by the first name on the wait list. We'll refund deposits if the place is taken by someone on the wait list.

Players: Ryan Simper, Howard Riefs, Mike Boehm, Morgan Clawson, Steve Wilson, David Royer, Bob Crosby, Greg Krueger, Jim Sherman, Paul Jones, Harwell Palmer, Ward Peyronin, Tyler Kearns, Eric Strulowitz, Bill Gayne, Ed Getka, Doug Wright, Bill McBride, Mike Whitaker, Craig Disher, Hart Huffines, Michael Christensen, Chris Shaida, Evan Fleisher

Wait List: Jerry Kluger, Brad Tufts Chip Royce, Joel Zuckerman, Bryan Drennon

A deposit of $150 is due by 6/1/2013. You may pay either by Paypal (into account mwhitaker@clemsonsports.com) or by check sent to Clemson Sports Network, Inc, PO Box 5856, Greenville, SC 29606, Attn: Dixie Cup

We'll keep this page updated with all Dixie Cup details.

Craig,

Three words for Saturday night's dinner...B.   B.   Q.

Just had to throw that in...I'd be happy to help arrange.
Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 12.2. Have 24 & 21 year old girls and wife of 27 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2013, 12:59:08 PM »
-------3/11/2013------

The 2013 Dixie Cup Schedule:

Friday, Oct 11 - 1PM Tobacco Road GC
Saturday, Oct 12 - Dormie Club (tee times tbd)
Sunday, Oct 13 - Dormie Club (tee times tbd)

Ran generously has offered to host a group either before or after the event at Southern Pines GC and a get-together later at his home. We also hope to settle soon on a restaurant for dinner Saturday night.

The random selection of participants has been completed. Those who weren't selected have been put on an ordered wait list. If someone selected decides not to attend or fails to send the deposit, they will be replaced by the first name on the wait list. We'll refund deposits if the place is taken by someone on the wait list.

The Players: Ryan Simper, Howard Riefs, Mike Boehm, Morgan Clawson, Steve Wilson, David Royer, Bob Crosby, Greg Krueger, Jim Sherma, Paul Jones, Harwell Palmer, Ward Peyronin, Tyler Kearns, Eric Strulowitz, Bill Gayne, Ed Getka, Doug Wright, Bill McBride, Mike Whitaker, Craig Disher, Hart Huffines, Michael Christensen, Chris Shaida, Evan Fleisher

Wait List: Lou Duran, Jerry Kluger, Brad Tufts, Chip Royce, Joel Zuckerman, Bryan Drennon

A deposit of $150 is due by 6/1/2013. You may pay either by PayPal (into account mwhitaker@clemsonsports.com) or by check sent to:

Clemson Sports Network, Inc
PO Box 5856
Greenville, SC 29606
Attn: Dixie Cup

To Send Your Deposit Via PayPal:

1) Log into your PayPal account and press the "Send Money" tab

2) In the "To" field type mwhitaker@clemsonsports.com
3) In the ""Amount" field type 150.00
4) Click on the "Personal" tab and tick "Other"
5) Click "Continue" button

6) Check the recap to make sure the email address, amount and fees are correct. There should be $0 in fees, otherwise your deposit will come up short.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 03:12:58 PM by Michael Whitaker »
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Mike Hendren

« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2013, 01:35:41 PM »
I regret not attending this year.  Just a reminder there was some discussion about re-naming the event.  The Tiger Cup was the consensus.  Since there has never been an actual "cup" I'll work on something in those hideous purple and yellow colors. 

Bogey
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Bill_McBride

« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2013, 01:59:06 PM »
I regret not attending this year.  Just a reminder there was some discussion about re-naming the event.  The Tiger Cup was the consensus.  Since there has never been an actual "cup" I'll work on something in those hideous purple and yellow colors. 

Bogey

The Committee has briefly discussed the name, and our thoughts are to award the Tiger Trophy to the winning team in the Dixie Cup.  That would be a fitting tribute to a golfer of indomitable spirit and competetive fire!

Mike Hendren

« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2013, 03:18:59 PM »
Well done!
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Bill_McBride

« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2013, 03:24:31 PM »
Well done!

Will you bring the trophy?   ;D ;D

ward peyronnin

« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2013, 09:39:38 PM »
i seem to dimly recall a trophy incorporating a real dixie paper cup bronzed or otherwise perpetually preserved like Hugo C
"Golf is happiness. It's intoxication w/o the hangover; stimulation w/o the pills. It's price is high yet its rewards are richer. Some say its a boys pastime but it builds men. It cleanses the mind/rejuvenates the body. It is these things and many more for those of us who truly love it." M.Norman

Jim Sherma

« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2013, 01:12:33 PM »
i seem to dimly recall a trophy incorporating a real dixie paper cup bronzed or otherwise perpetually preserved like Hugo C

My father in law was one of the head engineers at Dixie up until he retired a handful of years ago. I am sure I can dig up some good Dixie stuff from him if there is interest.

Howard Riefs

« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2013, 06:38:39 PM »
This should be a super Dixie Cup!

While in the area, I certainly want to get out to play No. 2, which I haven't seen since 2005. 

Is staying one night at the resort, be it before or after the official event, the best/only way to guarantee a tee time?  Do some rentals have access if the owner is a member of the Country Club?  Welcome any insight on this.

Also, anyone else attending interested in playing No. 2?
"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

Eric Smith

« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2013, 07:34:59 PM »
This should be a super Dixie Cup!

I wholeheartedly concur. Great group and a great line up.

Bummed I'm missing it. :'(

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back