News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Pete Balzer

Streamsong- 1st impressions
« on: December 30, 2012, 08:16:31 PM »
Not Good.
I make a reservation (I thought) for a 2 day Stay and Play Package online, enter my c.c., get my total package price and a  pop up message that I will recieve a confirmation email.

3 days later, no email. So today, I call, and explain that I have not received my confirmation, he ask me the dates, I say Sept, he comes back with  "we haven't even built the tee sheet yet for Sept". 

He then proceeds to take my name and phone # and assures me that I will hear back from them today.  I have not received a call back as of yet.

Anyone else having/had issues?  A lot of other options out there...

Mac Plumart

Re: Streamsong- 1st impressions
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 08:23:35 PM »
Nope. I'm booked to go for the weekend in a few weeks and everything went smooth as silk.

Called'em up...made tee time...they were friendly and nice. Can't wait to go.

I'd bet if you call them up tomorrow and explain things, they'll make it right.
Sportsman/Adventure loving golfer.

Kevin_D

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 08:29:08 PM »
I had a little back and forth via email and a couple calls, but then everything was fine (I think...playing in March).  But for "stay and play" I know that there are extremely limited rooms in the clubhouse (hotel not finished yet) so they are putting most people up somewhere in Lakeland at a reduced rate.  I just went with a Holiday Inn a half hour north.

Jud_T

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 03:47:02 AM »
I booked the entire resort for the next predicted perihelion of Halley's Comet on July 28th, 2061 and had no problem whatsoever.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 03:48:47 AM by Jud Tigerman »
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Mike Sweeney

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2012, 05:20:11 AM »
The computer systems on-site also appeared to be in a break in period, but they just got their Certificate of Occupancy last week, so they need a little time to break in the systems. Again, their official opening is the PGA Show and the rooms were not even finished when we took a tour. They look nice to me.

I met Scott the Director of Golf at Streamsong, and he and the entire staff were very welcoming. Give Scott a call, they clearly want to help.

Next trip, we will have Pete my golfing partner do the review as he works for Disney Operations, the mother ship of efficiency.  :D
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 05:36:15 AM by Mike Sweeney »

David Royer

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2012, 05:47:13 PM »
I booked Feb 13 for the day play package.  Not a problem.  Sally called me back right away ( within a day).  She did say the pro-shop telephone was hooked up that day (last week).   Looking out the den window at eight inches of snow.  Needless to say, very anxious to check it out.

Mark Bourgeois

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2012, 06:22:50 PM »
I booked the entire resort for the next predicted perihelion of Halley's Comet on July 28th, 2061 and had no problem whatsoever.

That's funny, I tried to book it for the aphelion on 9 Dec 2023 but somebody already blocked the weekend. Hanukkah "Go for the Gelt" tournament or something.
Charlotte. Daniel. Olivia. Josephine. Ana. Dylan. Madeleine. Catherine. Chase. Jesse. James. Grace. Emilie. Jack. Noah. Caroline. Jessica. Benjamin. Avielle. Allison.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2012, 06:48:59 PM »

Paid in full, in advance, at 2061 rates, of course there were no problems!

Jud_T

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2012, 07:09:49 PM »

Don't start with that present value of money nonsense or you risk sounding like a Congressional Budget Office bean counter.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 09:54:46 AM by Jud Tigerman »
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

David_Elvins

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2012, 10:04:58 PM »
Pete,

Might be something about the southern states, I had similar problems trying to book a play and stay package at Augusta National.  Sent many emails and follow up phone calls and still had nothing confirmed.  My advice would be to quit before the cops become involved. 
Ask not what GolfClubAtlas can do for you; ask what you can do for GolfClubAtlas.

Kris Spence

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2012, 11:39:55 PM »
I'm writing this reply from the clubhouse Ross room, accomodations are great, staff very cordial and the food off the charts.  So far we have been treated great.  Played 7 holes on Doaks blue course late today, playing both courses tomorrow and wed.  I enjoyed the holes I played and can't wait to get out there in the morning.  The course conditions are very good for such a young course.

The staff is definitely working out a few kinks here and there which is to be expected. Give them a little time and be patient you definitely don't want miss Streamsong!!

Kris

Mike Sweeney

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2013, 09:51:47 AM »
I'm writing this reply from the clubhouse Ross room.

Kris,

Take a peak into the "Doak" room. Not sure I want to wake up every morning with Tom looking at me!

One more thing to add now that I am back to reality of golf in the cold with JLoh at Hubbard Heights. There was no pressure to take a caddy or a cart. They clearly wanted us to enjoy the round. Kyle was training a caddy on the second day and he did a great job with us as a fore caddy and helping out with our bags when we needed. Walk, ride, push, caddy and carry all were accepted.

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2013, 10:28:44 AM »
I'm writing this reply from the clubhouse Ross room, accomodations are great, staff very cordial and the food off the charts.  So far we have been treated great.  Played 7 holes on Doaks blue course late today, playing both courses tomorrow and wed.  I enjoyed the holes I played and can't wait to get out there in the morning.  The course conditions are very good for such a young course.

The staff is definitely working out a few kinks here and there which is to be expected. Give them a little time and be patient you definitely don't want miss Streamsong!!

Kris

Do they have a twilight rate for playing only seven holes upon arrival? 

Bill_McBride

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2013, 12:05:06 PM »

Don't start with that present value of money nonsense or you risk sounding like a Congressional Budget Office bean counter.

;D

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back