News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Rich Goodale

Costa Ballena Ocean GC?
« on: December 27, 2012, 04:49:24 AM »
Anybody know anything about this track near Cadiz and Jerez?  I might be playing in the Spanish Seniors there in 5-6 weeks and just want to know to what degree it is worth the effort.  GCA-wise it is a new (1995) JM Olazabal design that looks good in the pictures I have seen.

Thanks in advance

Rich
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 06:31:21 AM by Rich Goodale »
Life is good.

Any afterlife is unlikely and/or dodgy.

Jean-Paul Parodi

Ivan Morris

Re: Costa Ballena Ocean GC?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 09:13:04 AM »
Rich- I thought about playing in that tournament too but talked myself out of it - I'm sorry! I've played a lot of golf in that part of Spain and nearby Portugal. I know exactly where the course is located but never heard a single comment about it - good, bad or indifferent. If you do go to Southwestern Spain - try and make the time to visit Arcos Gardens Golf Club at Arcos De La Frontera, close to Jerez - it has everything from a design point of view. Stay in the Finca, if possible too.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 09:18:49 AM by Ivan Morris »

Rich Goodale

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 10:40:08 AM »
Thanks, Ivan

To be honest, getting a bit of sun and some competitive golf is far more important to me in this decision than architectural ooh -a-la.  I'll see if I can get over to Arcos Gardens, particularly since the Ladies Spanish Seniors is being held there simultaneously, and as we all know, what happens in Spain, stays in Spain....

Rich
Life is good.

Jean-Paul Parodi

Ivan Morris

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2012, 02:26:54 PM »
It's a pity there cannot be an excuse me dance between the two golf courses.

Michael Latham

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2012, 03:46:59 PM »
If you decide to go and are thinking of playing the preceeding fourball competition, I am looking for a fourball partner

Alfonso Erhardt

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2012, 01:53:42 PM »
Rich,

Played once many years ago. Can't remember anything except for the incredible amount of housing surrounding all of the holes. I can't really recall any of the holes, to be honest. It is right next to the sea and wind is a factor.

Regards,

Alfonso

Rich Goodale

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2012, 07:24:55 AM »
Thanks for the ringing endorsement, Alfonso!  I have a lot of experience playing housing development golf, so I will feel at home.

Many thanks, Michael for the offer, but my extending my official family leave to include the doubles is not possible.  Hopefully we can meet at the singles.  I'll be the American guy who speaks Spanish with a Costa Rican accent.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 07:42:12 AM by Rich Goodale »
Life is good.

Jean-Paul Parodi

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back