News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

jonathan_becker

Re: Twin Cities to Yellowstone Road Trip: Where to Play?
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2012, 11:54:54 AM »
If you're headed to Big Sky you should see if you can play Black Bull in Bozeman as others suggested.  I really enjoyed it this past summer.  From there, what's another 100 miles to RCCC and Old Works? Do it!

Phil McDade

Re: Twin Cities to Yellowstone Road Trip: Where to Play?
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2012, 11:56:20 AM »
... not sure I'd drive through SD from the Twin Cities to get to Yellowstone. 

Surprisingly mapquest agrees with you. Mapquest puts it about 40 miles longer through SD. However, they go straight south on 35 to 90, whereas I would have headed off through Mankato and saved 30 of those miles. The route through SD gives you Badlands, Mt. Rushmore, and Devil's Tower. Whereas the route through ND gives you, well ND. ;)

The Highway 169/60 road that goes straight from the Twin Cities to Worthington (where it hooks up with I-90) is now nearly all four lanes, with a few miles of two-lane. (I drive it every year at least once). The George Mann Memorial Highway, named after a rural Democratic lawmaker who I used to cover who was a great old lawmaker of the kind you don't find too much of anymore -- church-going, pro-hunting, pro-gun, pro-life guy who believed in large (and many) public works projects to give people jobs and show them where their tax dollars went.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back