News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Howard Riefs

Streamsong opens!
« on: December 21, 2012, 03:35:35 PM »
Today marks the opening of Streamsong. Congrats to Tom, Bruce, the Renaissance team, Kyle, Josh Lesnik and other GCAers who have had a hand in what we hope/expect will be a huge success. 

I certainly looking forward to the first photo tours ... as early as next week. 

In the meantime, here's a very nice article from USA Today that ran a few days ago:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/golf/2012/12/17/streamsong-golf-resort-ben-crenshaw-tom-doak-bill-coore/1771633/

A unique canvas for a golf architect, in other words, and one enhanced with the brilliant strokes of Tom Doak, Bill Coore and Ben Crenshaw, who said, "The land is naturally conducive to uncovering great golf holes."

"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

Kevin_D

Re: Streamsong opens!
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 05:00:35 PM »
I can't wait to play it! March 2-3!!!

Frank Sullivan

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 06:26:54 PM »
Today marks the opening of Streamsong. Congrats to Tom, Bruce, the Renaissance team, Kyle, Josh Lesnik and other GCAers who have had a hand in what we hope/expect will be a huge success. 

In the meantime, here's a very nice article from USA Today that ran a few days ago:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/golf/2012/12/17/streamsong-golf-resort-ben-crenshaw-tom-doak-bill-coore/1771633/

A unique canvas for a golf architect, in other words, and one enhanced with the brilliant strokes of Tom Doak, Bill Coore and Ben Crenshaw, who said, "The land is naturally conducive to uncovering great golf holes."

Not to worry Howard, I'll be posting a ton of pics I took today...hopefully by 10 pm or so;).

Kyle Harris

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2012, 06:57:51 PM »

"

Not to worry Howard, I'll be posting a ton of pics I took today...hopefully by 10 pm or so;).

When were you there?

Which course?

Frank Sullivan

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2012, 07:36:29 PM »

"

When were you there?

Which course?

Hey Kyle,

I was there from around 1 to 4...made it around both courses to see the property and take pictures.

J_ Crisham

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2012, 08:38:42 PM »
Looking forward to my 4 rounds in a couple of weeks-also intrigued by the our onsite lodging, looks pretty new age. Should be a fine start to the 2013 season! Nothing like a trip with 12 guys to jumpstart the season.

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2012, 09:33:31 PM »
Looking forward to my 4 rounds in a couple of weeks-also intrigued by the our onsite lodging, looks pretty new age. Should be a fine start to the 2013 season! Nothing like a trip with 12 guys to jumpstart the season.

Hey Jack,

Let me know what you think, I'm hoping to get down there sometime in March.

J_ Crisham

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2012, 09:45:30 PM »

Hey Jack,

Pat,    I will try to get some pictures as well- hope you get your Xmas present on Jan 7th!

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2012, 07:40:15 AM »
I live on a street called Riverview, that does not afford a view of the Niagara river, despite being no more than 1/8th of a mile distant. I want to know if you find a stream or a song.

Mr. Patient
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Kyle Harris

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2012, 07:43:07 AM »

Hey Jack,

When you have your particulars please let me know them.

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2012, 10:18:45 AM »
Kyle,

Will do.

I'm anxious to play the courses.

It seems that there's been a trend over the last decade to create great destination courses that could be considered in "out of the way" locations.

Whistling Stairs, Bandon. Sand Hills, Ballyneal, Dismal and now Streamsong

Streamsong has unique appeal in that it's a winter destination in Florida.

Years ago, through Dan Marino and Bernie Kosar, I met the team Chaplin for the Miami Hurricanes and I think the Miami Dolohins, Father Leo, who loved golf.

He wanted to buy a relatively remote piece of property and build a golf course that would employ and train underprivileged youth in South Florida, both in the construction and operational phase.
He wanted to have six high profile architects donate their services and design three holes.
It was a pretty neat concept.

I thought it was a terrific idea, one that a county would embrace and assist in terms of permitting.
The problem was.......finding the land.   Land that was affordable.
That was almost impossible to do in Palm Beach County.
So, more remote areas were considered, where large parcels of land were available.
South/Central Florida, not far from Streamsong was considered

Streamsong, absent the charitable/rehabitational aspect reminds me of that project.
Multiple architects, Florida, nearby remote area.

I'm hoping that the courses are very well received, that the accomodation's are completed and highly regarded and that those going to DisneyWorld will stay a few more days at Stramsong.

Good Luck

William_G

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2012, 11:08:45 AM »

Jack,

Maybe a trip to Vegas and a Parmate as a caddy.  :)

http://www.royallinksgolfclub.com/promotions/special-event-golf-deals/Join-Us-for-the-Winter-Golf-Las-Vegas-ParAm-at-royal-links-golf-course/

Pat,

Looking forward to going to WDW this spring, and soloing down for a day at Streamsong...SS doesn't appear to a family gig.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 11:11:42 AM by William_Grieve »
It's all about the golf!

Bill McKinley

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2012, 12:19:01 PM »
Looking forward to playing both of them in January!! I wonder which course will be like better by the masses and the gca crowd? 
2016 Highlights:  Streamsong Blue (3/17); Streamsong Red (3/17); Charles River Club (5/16); The Country Club - Brookline (5/17); Myopia Hunt Club (5/17); Fishers Island Club (5/18); Aronomink GC (10/16); Pine Valley GC (10/17); Somerset Hills CC (10/18)

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2012, 12:25:43 PM »
Looking forward to playing both of them in January!! I wonder which course will be like better by the masses and the gca crowd? 

I hate that it is so obvious but the masses will go with Traveling Joe while the GCA crowd will think that opinion is all wet.

Jud_T

« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2012, 07:45:57 AM »
I'd be willing to wager, sight unseen, that both courses get roughly equal play.
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back