News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

John Kavanaugh

Re: End of Days
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2012, 05:52:03 PM »

I just object to our great university tacitly tolerating the antics of such an immature man-child.

It never kept anyone from graduating.

Gib_Papazian

« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2012, 06:04:36 PM »
Barny,

There is an enormous difference between a newly minted, 22 year-old graduate with a B.A. and a professor; just as there is a difference between a student athlete and the coaching staff.

But you know that and are just trying to be a dique.     
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 08:16:40 PM by Gib Papazian »

Greg Murphy

« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2012, 06:57:28 PM »
Jason - you're right about Eagle Mountain being cart ball, though is there a mountain course in the Phoenix/Scottsdal area that is not cart ball (WeKoPa Saguaro is walkable, but I got complaints from my playing partners the one time I insisted we walk - it has some challenging climbs), and yes, it is soft and squishy, as all of the courses seem to be after overseeding (maybe its my imagination, but it seems to be getting worse). But I don't think the hole you've picked is all that bad and the criticisms lack some context - the hole has a fun tee shot over or beside the (near centre line) fairway bunker - followed by a pitch in (which I can recall completely blowing because it was off mush, probably the toughest fairway shot in golf) - I don't think it is a bunker behind the green, rather a sandy ridge which I suspect was partially there to begin with but built up to hide an irrigation or sewage facility directly behind the green.

Jason Topp

« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2012, 06:04:27 AM »

Jason Topp

« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2012, 06:12:02 AM »
But I don't think the hole you've picked is all that bad and the criticisms lack some context - the hole has a fun tee shot over or beside the (near centre line) fairway bunker - followed by a pitch in (which I can recall completely blowing because it was off mush, probably the toughest fairway shot in golf) - I don't think it is a bunker behind the green, rather a sandy ridge which I suspect was partially there to begin with but built up to hide an irrigation or sewage facility directly behind the green.

Greg - I don't remember too many particulars about the hole or the course other than thinking this one was uniquely poor for the listed reasons and snapping this picture because it seemed to show so much about what was wrong with it.

I am not condemning desert golf in general.  I enjoy desert courses for the most part - even cartball courses.   

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back