News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Marty Bonnar

This Week's Scotland Mini-Tour
« on: October 18, 2012, 05:07:56 PM »
Had a few days off work so in the last seven days I have had the great pleasure of (re)playing four of Scotland's finest.
Saturday: You may remember that I have joined at Leven. Re-acquiantance with the old links reminded me of how much fun seaside golf is. I can't wait for cold, sunny, frost-free winter days at Leven followed by a warming coffee/dram in the 'house. Proper pleasure indeed.
Sunday: North Berwick West Links in the company of two GCA stalwarts, nay, dreadnoughts, in the form of Carlton and Muldoon. Just a PERFECT golfing day in NB with gorgeous light, changeable conditions (sun, HAIL!, wind). Parred Perfection and the Redan, seriously botched up Pit. Heaven!
Monday: Scotscraig. A quick re-visit to make sure it was as good as I thought. Guess what? It WAS! Maybe even better. Just some GREAT golf holes and such a friendly welcome. Another beautiful Scottish autumnal day.
Yesterday: Archerfield. Well, I had to add in a NEW course, didn't I? POURED with rain, but, all I can say is it's a wonderful experience. The whole set up is very American, but done with enough Scottish humour and hospitality that it's very nice. I'm gonna say now that the course (the Dirleton) was only better than okay (I'd rather play NB anytime) but it drained like billy-o and the greens putted faster than any of the others I've played this week.
All in all, a real cross-sectional sample of the possibilities of Scottish Golf. We are becoming quite the little cosmopolitan nation...

F.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Jon Byron

Re: This Week's Scotland Mini-Tour
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 08:30:03 PM »
Really nice mini-tour!  I am very envious.
Haven't played since yesterday, not playing until tomorrow, hardly playing at all!

Niall C

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2012, 07:50:47 AM »
Never been compared to a battleship before.

Niall

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2012, 05:57:19 PM »
I thought Dreadnought as 'all-BIG-gun' was the most apposite appelation for you both, my dear boy!!!
 ;D
hardeehar,
F.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back