News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Chris Johnston

Re: Sand Hills vs Dismal River S.A.P.D. #9 pg. 5
« Reply #150 on: October 03, 2011, 09:38:51 AM »
After John and Eric's visit, joing Greg, Dirt and me, I look forward to new views.  All hit the ball quite well.  And, yes, I bridied #5.  Kavanaugh did the same the second day after gaining a bit of local knowledge.  On #5, you don't have to fire at the flag.

To the 11"s...both par 4's.

Sand Hills 11 is a downhill drive to a wide fairway then steeply up to an exposed green.  Very much a second shot hole.  Miss the green short, or with too much spin, and it comes back down the hill providing a tough chip.  Get above the hole and you need a diaper. Two hidden greenside bunkers left/behind are a real challenge if you guess wrong.  Good drive = no more than an 8 iron in.

11 at Dismal River is an uphill drive to a wide fairway - a bit unnerving but long hitters can challenge the right fairway bunker and get a speed slot reward if successful.  The second shot is downhill into a large contoured punchbowl where you can play the backstops, run it on, or fire at the flag.  Here too, the downhill putt is tough.  Good drive = no more than an 8 iron in.

Completely opposite holes, challenging greens.  This one is a difficult choice for me the drive is more difficult at Dismal River but the second shot at Sand Hills is the more diffficult and the second at Dismal is hard to miss the green.  After quick thought, I call this a draw.

Front 9 - Sand Hills 3 up
10  Sand Hills
11  Draw

Sand Hills remains 4 up on the 18, 1 up on the back, and even on the back nine press.

George Pazin

« Reply #151 on: October 21, 2011, 01:13:46 PM »
Looking forward to the back 9s continuing...
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Chris Johnston

« Reply #152 on: October 21, 2011, 07:49:20 PM »
Waiting for Kavanaugh.  Must be hibernating.

Josh Tarble

« Reply #153 on: October 11, 2012, 10:24:21 PM »
As an interested bystander what are the contributing parties' thoughts on continuing? I've found this thread to hae some very interesting conversation.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back