News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

K. Krahenbuhl

Re: Rat and Toilet Plunger Club (Photo Tour) All holes posted
« Reply #75 on: September 25, 2012, 03:35:51 PM »
Having never been to said club, does it have a similar feel to Garden City?  It seems to at least have that yesteryear charm of GCGC.  It looks to have a bit more elevation change and a few more trees too.  It is way up on my list too!

They are sister courses in my opinion.  When anyone asks me about it I say that it is GCGC with elevation changes.

Joel_Stewart

« Reply #76 on: September 25, 2012, 03:40:10 PM »
Having never been to said club, does it have a similar feel to Garden City?  It seems to at least have that yesteryear charm of GCGC.  It looks to have a bit more elevation change and a few more trees too.  It is way up on my list too!

They are sister courses in my opinion.  When anyone asks me about it I say that it is GCGC with elevation changes.

I've played them both and feel they are quite different.  GCGC is flat, mens only, golf only, and a completely different vibe.  I felt welcome at GCGC and not at the other club. 

Joey Chase

« Reply #77 on: September 25, 2012, 03:41:14 PM »
Do you get the similar views across the course that you get at GCGC?  I found that to be one aspect I really loved about Garden City.  I'll get there someday!!

Joey Chase

« Reply #78 on: September 25, 2012, 03:49:02 PM »

I've played them both and feel they are quite different.  GCGC is flat, mens only, golf only, and a completely different vibe.  I felt welcome at GCGC and not at the other club. 
You would prefer Garden City?  Sorry to hear you weren't made welcome.  One of the things I love about GCGC as well is the fact that it's just golf and everyone there seems to know it and love it.

J_ Crisham

« Reply #79 on: September 25, 2012, 03:50:31 PM »
This course reminds me more of Somerset Hills than any other-great elevation changes and  a rough, rugged property.

K. Krahenbuhl

« Reply #80 on: September 25, 2012, 06:40:58 PM »
I can't imagine feeling unwelcomed there.  I spent 15 hours there one day and couldn't have felt more at home.  The personal interactions from the course, to the bar, to the bocce ball game on the lawn were probably the highlight of that day.

Joel_Stewart

« Reply #81 on: September 26, 2012, 12:04:11 AM »
This course reminds me more of Somerset Hills than any other-great elevation changes and  a rough, rugged property.

I agree with that.

I didn't know what to expect playing there and to say they treated me bad is not fair.  Not very friendly, no directions, tour or information, nobody to play with, finished the 18th and went to the car.

Andrew Summerell

« Reply #82 on: September 26, 2012, 06:43:38 AM »
The 9th is one of my favourite 1 shotters going around.

I believe a young Aussie played it only a few weeks ago.

Jordan Caron

« Reply #83 on: October 13, 2012, 02:50:25 AM »
Original review was removed when the staff member who hosted the reviewer was informed that if it persisted he would lose his job.
Seriously?  What on Earth are they worried about.  Like others I really, really don't get what their issue might be.  This takes "exclusivity" to a level I can't understand at all.

Neither do I. Since I had no idea what course this was I did some searching. Found out and did a search for more pics. Than came across a photo tour from a golfer trying to play the top 100. He's got scorecards and everything posted. He might very well be a member of this forum.

Surely they have someone scouring the web to find photo tours like this. Ran has to remove his pictures and this other guy doesn't?

Anyways, I've enjoyed the hunt (I swear that was a natural pun!) of finding out the name. They've got some fantastic courses in this state and hope one day can make it out there. If not, these photos will do!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back