News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Randy Van Sickle

Play Eastward Ho! this fall
« on: June 15, 2012, 04:29:34 PM »
On Monday October 1st, 2012, my church will once again be sponsoring a charity golf outing at Eastward Ho! in Chatham MA.

Last year several GCAers played in the event and had a great time.  It is a time of year when the weather is usually beautiful and the course is in outstanding shape.  The format will be a best two balls of foursome, so you will get to play your own ball.

The fee is $250, which includes coffee and muffins before the event (12:30 shotgun start), golf with cart, and a cash bar reception with
hors d'oeuvres following the golf.

If you are interested in attending the event, please send me an IM and I will send you the entry form.

Thanks to Ran for allowing me to publicize this event on GCA.  Hope to see you there in October!
Can't get back to RDGC soon enough

Mike Sweeney

Re: Play Eastward Ho! this fall
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2012, 07:46:03 AM »
Mr Whitaker,

Clemson Tigers are playing at Boston College that Saturday !!

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2012, 09:57:02 AM »
Randy,

That's a possibility for me, although the USGA SR AM will be in progress at Mountain Ridge on that date

Jim_Kennedy

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2012, 09:02:40 AM »
Hopefully one of my sons (or my spouse) will see this thread and think "Gee, what a nice Father's Day gift this would make". I may have to email them.  ;D
"I never beat a well man in my life" - Harry Vardon

Mark McKeever

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2012, 09:12:10 AM »
I'm in Randy!  Hopefully all the threads over the past year result in a good attendance from the GCA crowd.

Mark
Best MGA showers - Bayonne

"Dude, he's a total d***"

Randy Van Sickle

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2012, 08:10:04 AM »
Just a note, if you send me a PM, please be sure to include your e-mail address so I have a place to send the brochure.

Thanks

Randy Van Sickle

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2012, 03:12:36 PM »
Bump

Randy Van Sickle

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2012, 08:11:51 AM »
Hi Guys -

I continue to get inquiries as to whether there are still spots open for this tournament, and we continue to have availability, even though we are limiting this to only 100 entrants to make for an enjoyable day without it lasting 5 + hours.

If you are interested in getting an application, please let me know via IM.

Thanks,

Randy

Randy Van Sickle

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2012, 08:17:43 AM »
Final bump on this opportunity - I have been getting a few PMs and e-mails about remaining availability.  We do still have several foursomes (singles welcome too!) available for this outing, so if you have requested applications from me and not sent them in yet, or if you have not yet requested an application, there is still time.  If you need an application form, PM me.

Thanks, and looking forward to seeing those of you who can make it.

Mark McKeever

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2012, 09:08:42 AM »
Randy,

I regret not being able to make it up this year due to scheduling conflicts.  Definitely will make an effort to block the calendar early for next year.

Anyone on the fence at the moment should absolutely go...you will not regret it.  I participated in the outing last year with Tim "pump house" Martin and we had a blast. 

The golf course is phenomenal and IMO is one of the most underrated courses in the world.

Mark

Randy Van Sickle

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2012, 03:41:05 PM »
Thanks for the "plug" Mark!

Bob_Huntley

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2012, 03:53:04 PM »
Randy,

I am surprised you have not had to close the book on this.

Eastwood Ho is all that is good about the game of golf, from the first hole to the last and then a drink in the Clubhouse.

I remember my game with you some years ago and have always wanted to return but alas that doesn't seem likely now.

Bob

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2012, 04:58:58 PM »
Mr Whitaker,

Clemson Tigers are playing at Boston College that Saturday !!

Mike... no can do. Have to actually do some work that week!!!
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Pete Blaisdell

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2012, 07:22:39 AM »
Randy
  I may have 10/1 open but won't know until the 20th. Do you still have room for a single?
' Golf courses are like wives and the prom queen doesn't always make for the best wife "

Keith OHalloran

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2012, 06:19:01 PM »
So, who here is going on Monday? I will be there.

Mark McKeever

« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2012, 01:34:53 PM »
What did everyone think that made it up to see Eastward Ho?

Mark

Jon Stein

Re: Play Eastward Ho! this fall New
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2012, 09:45:23 PM »
This is my first post after lurking on the GCA boards for roughly one year.  However, I do read the forums on a daily basis and hope to contribute more in the future.  

I had the privilege of playing Eastward Ho yesterday afternoon.  The course was simply spectacular.  This was my second visit to EH and the conditions were very different.  Last year, it was 80 degrees without a breath of wind.  This year we were fortunate for low 60s and sunshine, but 25-30mph winds!  It was easily a 3-4 club wind on several approach shots.  

Below is one photo I took on #15 (140 yard par 3) during twilight.

Many thanks to Randy Van Sickle and the wonderful people of St. Christopher's Church for hosting this event.  I encourage anyone to jump at the opportunity to play this gem whenever the opportunity comes up.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 09:47:48 PM by Jon Stein »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back