News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Sam Morrow

Re: Mike Whitaker
« Reply #125 on: May 08, 2012, 10:37:31 PM »
Mike had his second stint procedure yesterday,  I hear and am very happy to report the

Doc says all is well and Mike should be back to full strength in a couple of weeks.

Great to hear the good news.

Thanks for that great news!

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #126 on: May 08, 2012, 11:00:30 PM »
Grat news Get well and back on the links asap Mike

Sam Morrow

« Reply #127 on: May 08, 2012, 11:04:58 PM »

Mike is supposed to be with us in Nebraska next month, you can come along. The drive from Houston to Nebraska will involve lots of sports talk radio with Robert Earl Keen and Lady GaGa to mix things up.

Matthew Mollica

« Reply #128 on: May 09, 2012, 08:53:39 AM »
Great to hear Mike is on the mend. All the best from those of us Down Under.

MM
"The truth about golf courses has a slightly different expression for every golfer. Which of them, one might ask, is without the most definitive convictions concerning the merits or deficiencies of the links he plays over? Freedom of criticism is one of the last privileges he is likely to forgo."

PCCraig

« Reply #129 on: May 09, 2012, 09:22:16 AM »
Get better soon Mike.
H.P.S.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #130 on: May 09, 2012, 11:32:58 AM »

Mike is supposed to be with us in Nebraska next month, you can come along. The drive from Houston to Nebraska will involve lots of sports talk radio with Robert Earl Keen and Lady GaGa to mix things up.

On that drive "The road goes on forever..." will have special meaning!   ;D

I talked to Whitty last week.  The great news is that he's been released to play by his doctor and is back on the course again.   He received very good treatment very shortly after experiencing chest pain, and that probably saved his life, along with a bunch of aspirin he had the smarts to take. 
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 11:36:27 AM by Bill_McBride »

Sam Morrow

« Reply #131 on: May 09, 2012, 11:35:54 AM »

On that drive "The road goes on forever..." will have special meaning!   ;D

You can come too!

Carl Nichols

« Reply #132 on: May 09, 2012, 12:26:14 PM »

I gotta hear Lady GaGa doing sports talk radio.

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #133 on: May 09, 2012, 09:05:26 PM »

On that drive "The road goes on forever..." will have special meaning!   ;D

I talked to Whitty last week.  The great news is that he's been released to play by his doctor and is back on the course again.   He received very good treatment very shortly after experiencing chest pain, and that probably saved his life, along with a bunch of aspirin he had the smarts to take.  

Bill,

Since I talked with you I had another "episode" that put me back in the hospital on Friday night. As a result, my doctor decided to move up my second stent procedure (which was scheduled for Friday the 11th) to Monday the 7th. All went well and I now am the proud owner of five stents.

The good news is that this should be the end of it and I will be back to full steam in a week or two... God willing.

By the way... did you know that Sunday is the #1 day of the week for heart attacks? For some reason our hospital is flooded with heart attack patients every Sunday. So much so that it effects their staffing schedules. They blame it on golf! Who knew?
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #134 on: May 09, 2012, 09:09:56 PM »
Thanks, again, everyone for the kind thoughts and well wishes.

All is good and I'm expecting a speedy recovery... too many golf trips planned to be laid up at home!!!  ;)
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Eric Smith

« Reply #135 on: May 09, 2012, 09:24:59 PM »
Happy all went well, Mike. Sorry to hear it wasn't quite as planned!

Another friend coming to the 5th Major has gone through a serious health scare as well over the past several months, but has beaten it back like a champion and recently received the go ahead from his doctor to play. What a wonderful prescription golf is!

John_Cullum

« Reply #136 on: May 09, 2012, 10:08:22 PM »
All the best Mike.
"We finally beat Medicare. "

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #137 on: September 26, 2012, 04:41:26 PM »
covering over 30 of the UK's finest links courses in as many days.

...and Balbirnie!  ;D

(Well, we managed 11 holes behind the Boys Outing from Hell, before retiring disgracefully to the Lounge).

Cheers, Mike. Haste ye back, bonnie Lad!!

Best,
M'n'N.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

paul cowley

« Reply #138 on: September 26, 2012, 07:33:12 PM »
Glad you're on the mend Michael...hope to meet up some day!
paul cowley...golf course architect/asgca

BigEdSC

« Reply #139 on: September 27, 2012, 11:12:33 AM »
Shows how far behind I am with things. 

Mike, glad to hear that you were able to handle your "episodes."  I'm sorry to hear about them.  Glad to hear that you are well.  My father passed away at the age of 47, so it kind of hits home.

Keep up the good work, and hope to see you out on the course, again.

Mike Vegis @ Kiawah

« Reply #140 on: September 27, 2012, 01:46:00 PM »
Can someone give me Mike's address?  We'd like to send him a little something from Kiawah...  Please send to mike_vegis@kiawahresort.com

Mark_Rowlinson

« Reply #141 on: September 27, 2012, 01:56:18 PM »
And here is the great man putting on the 17th green at Silloth-on-Solway:

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back