News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

hhuffines

Re: Pinehurst Trip Advice
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2012, 09:57:05 AM »
Jud, we have two main sauces here: eastern is vinegar based and western is tomato sauce based.   Also, eastern is primarily "whole hog" whereas western is usually the shoulder.  I'm one who loves it both ways, just depends on where you are I the State.

Jason Topp

« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2012, 11:40:55 AM »
Terrific advice everyone.  Thank you!  For the locals, I hope we get a chance to get together when I am out there.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2012, 12:52:22 PM »
Jason, I usually book a condo through Pinehurst Resort and eat dinner at the Carolina Hotel. It gives you a nice roomy place to stay, a decent place to eat,  and cheaper access to the courses at the resort. 

But bring your own crowd, that's the deadest bar in Pinehurst.  Or wander around the corner to the Pinecrest.   

Tom Fagerli

« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2012, 04:37:15 PM »
Jud, we have two main sauces here: eastern is vinegar based and western is tomato sauce based.   Also, eastern is primarily "whole hog" whereas western is usually the shoulder.  I'm one who loves it both ways, just depends on where you are I the State.

The great debate in NC is not gay marriage- it is which is better-Lexington BBQ or Eastern BBQ? Some places, like Pik N Pig, cook the the shoulder or pig and give you a choice of sauces. I, being a Lexington BBQ fan, prefer to not have the choice. Just part of what makes living in NC so wonderful! And just so everyone knows, the tomato based sauce is not a thick sauce either. Very thin sauce, either way. Yum Yum.

Jud_T

« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2012, 08:01:19 AM »
personally I've never had a vinegar based sauce that can hold a candle to the best sweet/spicy tomato based sauces, but I'm certainly willing to do more research...
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back