News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Lloyd Evans

Must sees in N.Michigan
« on: July 07, 2003, 11:16:21 PM »
What are the must see courses in N.Michigan? What is the fastest route from Detroit to Traverse City?

Steve Lang

Re:Must sees in N.Michigan
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2003, 11:29:28 PM »
 ;)

covered many times here.. just use search function with word Michigan and you'll find plenty to consider..

Easiest could be I-75 to Grayling, M-72 to Traverse.. you could play the Dream at Middle Branch and Grandview on M-72 as warm-ups/cool-downs coming and going..  hit Highpointe and Black Forest for a Doak reference point.. and Treetops if you've $ and time to spend before taking in the larger offerings in TC.
Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

Craig Van Egmond

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2003, 11:34:22 PM »

Here's a list you won't be disappointed with:

Arcadia Bluffs
Kingsley Club
Highpointe
Black Forest

A fun diversion: Belvedere

The Ultimate: Crystal Downs

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2003, 11:40:00 PM »
You almost can't go wrong in N. Michigan.  I still like Boyne Highlands Heather course.  I think it is RTJ at his best and most interesting.  Boyne Mt. isn't as good.
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

David Wigler

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2003, 09:24:38 AM »
It is a tragedy because it could have been one of the best ten courses in the US (The land is that good) but Bay Harbor Links/Ocean (Do not play the Preserve nine) is still in the top four in N. Michigan and worth seeing.  The land is amazing.

Kingsley, Arcadia, The Legend (Some of Palmer's best early work), Smith course at TreeTops, ThreeTops (The second best par three course in the country), and Heather are all well worth spending time and money at.

As stated before, if you can swing Crystal Downs, do it!
And I took full blame then, and retain such now.  My utter ignorance in not trumpeting a course I have never seen remains inexcusable.
Tom Huckaby 2/24/04

GeoffreyC

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2003, 09:46:05 AM »
David-  Just a side note to your comment about the par 3 course (I assume that's the one on TV with the par 3 tournament).

The par 3 course at Hamilton Farm (New Jersey) (18 hole) will give any par 3 course a great run for their money.  The holes are not all downhill  either as it seemed with the Three Tops course).

bakerg

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2003, 09:49:01 AM »
David,

What do you consider to be the best par 3 course in the US?

David Wigler

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2003, 11:10:50 AM »
David,

What do you consider to be the best par 3 course in the US?

For my money, it is the par three course at Olympic (The views are better because of the ocean and it can be walked).
And I took full blame then, and retain such now.  My utter ignorance in not trumpeting a course I have never seen remains inexcusable.
Tom Huckaby 2/24/04

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back