News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Bill_McBride

BUDA News?
« on: September 07, 2012, 07:31:10 AM »
Come on, how's it going over there?   Inquiring minds want to know.   Is the wind up at Silloth?   Firm conditions after a summer of rain?   Status of the matches?   How is the Beer Fest?

Eric Smith posted some photos on Facebook.   I have no idea how to post them here!

Eric Smith

Re: BUDA News?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 07:52:52 AM »
They're out playing the final round singles matches while battling the winds off the firth. Going in to yesterday's fourball matches, ROW was two down. Didn't hear the latest update. I'm sitting out today because I can barely walk -- 11 rounds in 7 days has definitely taken its toll. Not to mention the 9.4% cider at last night's festival. The horror... :'(

Mark Bourgeois

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 07:58:38 AM »
Not to mention the 9.4% cider at last night's festival. The horror... :'(

Oh my, how embarrassing for you. My advice is to strike Belgium off your bucket list.

I hope--

Eric Smith

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 08:21:15 AM »
Certainly no accident it was named the Devil's somethinorother and was listed #66 on the tasting menu. So I went for a walk this morning and decided I would visit the beautiful Christ Church just down the block from our hotel. Walked in and they were having a funeral service.

Sam Morrow

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 11:59:32 AM »
I hope Eric's nose doesn't look like it did after 5th Major, it looked like an open sore you see on a stripper working the Easter Sunday shift.

Mark Chaplin

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2012, 12:05:18 PM »
I was gutted enough missing BUDA then had steam comin out of my ears when I heard I'd missed at Beer Fest as well. The Canary has pulled it out of the bag this year!!

We have golfers in the B&B for seven nights this week and they've had high 60s, light breezes and not a hint of rain all week.
Cave Nil Vino

Bill_McBride

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2012, 12:08:15 PM »
They're out playing the final round singles matches while battling the winds off the firth. Going in to yesterday's fourball matches, ROW was two down. Didn't hear the latest update. I'm sitting out today because I can barely walk -- 11 rounds in 7 days has definitely taken its toll. Not to mention the 9.4% cider at last night's festival. The horror... :'(

Rockin' the Trues?

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2012, 12:59:12 PM »
Good news for ROW. I'll let Captain's Mayhugh and Boon release the details, but it was one great event. Silloth is a fabulous course and one EVERY GCA'er should put on their list to see.

I'm sure there will be lots of pictures. Stay tuned.
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back