News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us.

Jason Thurman

Pinehurst No. 2: How far should they take the restoration?
« on: September 14, 2012, 12:29:48 PM »
I got a crack at No. 2 yesterday and had a blast. The course looks fantastic post-restoration/renovation, as has been discussed ad nauseum. Also discussed on the forum is that the restoration was really only partial. The greens are a far cry from the Ross originals.

Should Pinehurst restore the greens to something similar to the originals? Or leave them as is? If restoration is in order, when should they do it?
"There will always be haters. That’s just the way it is. Hating dudes marry hating women and have hating ass kids." - Evan Turner

Some of y'all have never been called out in bold green font and it really shows.

Mark McKeever

Re: Pinehurst No. 2: How far should they take the restoration?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 01:16:17 PM »
They would lose tons of money in revenue if they shut the course down to rework the greens.  I don't know if it will ever happen.

Mark
Best MGA showers - Bayonne

"Dude, he's a total d***"

hhuffines

Re: Pinehurst No. 2: How far should they take the restoration?
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 09:22:45 PM »
I doubt they will change the design of the greens but look for them to consider one of the Bermudas after the US Open.  They can afford to go a few years and the go back to bent if granted another Open.  I may be off base but that's what I've heard.  The course just isn't itself when the greens are soft and slow.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back