News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David_Tepper

Just in case anyone needed more of a reason to visit the Scottish Highlands, both Golspie & Brora made the Golf Digest list of the "Top 20 Most Fun Courses In GB&I." For those who may not know, the 2 courses are within 5 miles of each other and 10 & 15 miles north of Royal Dornoch. Include Tain, 10 miles south of Dornoch, and you have 4 wonderful courses within a 25-mile stretch.

Other gca.com favorites on the list are St. Endoc, Crail, Dooks and North Berwick.

http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-courses/2012-09/most-fun-courses-great-britain-ireland  
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 03:44:43 AM by David_Tepper »

Mark Pearce

I know I shouldn't.  I really know I shouldn't pick holes in another list but:

Crail but not Elie?
Bamburgh Castle but not Kington?
Nefyn & District but not Pennard?
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Rich Goodale

I'm happy for Brora and Golspie, but any such list that does not include Painswick is immediately suspect......
Life is good.

Any afterlife is unlikely and/or dodgy.

Jean-Paul Parodi

Jim Eder

I had so much fun at both these courses this year and couldn't wait to play them again. Because of that enjoyment I played way too many days of 36 holes in a row but it was worth it.  I was not even finished with the first 18 at Brora and I already was looking forward to starting it all over. What a brilliant natural links!!  And Golspie with the links and parkland aspect is so interesting. The 4th round in a week at each course is as good as the first. SO much fun. The courses were in excellent condition and they were not that busy.  Add in the nice climate they have and it honestly doesn't get much better.  Fun.

I'll have to make sure I get to the others I haven't played and the additions of the others mentioned in this thread. Thanks for the link David.

Bill_McBride

Elie is a definite miss.  The par 3s at Golspie are really good. 

Jim Eder

The par 3s really are.  I also really enjoy the 5th hole.  Fun.

Wayne_Kozun

How can someone create such a list and NOT include Cruden Bay?

Willie_Dow

And DAVID !!!!!!!!!!!!

There is not a better place to stay in Dornoch to get there.  Great accommodations, and great people of golf around you all day.

Thanks for my introduction!

Willie

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back