News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Adrian_Stiff

Two hole in ones in same group
« on: August 09, 2012, 08:59:47 AM »
We had a group of members who today scored 2,1,1 and a 3 on our 2nd hole, that can't happen very often although a few years ago we had consecetive tee shots holed at another par 3, though not in the same group.
A combination of whats good for golf and good for turf.
The Players Club, Cumberwell Park, The Kendleshire, Oake Manor, Dainton Park, Forest Hills, Erlestoke, St Cleres.
www.theplayersgolfclub.com

Patrick_Mucci

Re: Two hole in ones in same group
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 09:15:22 AM »
Adrian,

A member of Mountain Ridge had two holes in one in the same round, on the 14th and 16th holes.

The next week I had some guests and one of them had a hole in one on # 14, but failed miserably on # 16.

JMEvensky

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 09:18:30 AM »

We had a group of members who today scored 2,1,1 and a 3 on our 2nd hole, that can't happen very often although a few years ago we had consecetive tee shots holed at another par 3, though not in the same group.

Imagine how the poor schmuck felt who only made par.

ward peyronnin

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 02:58:08 PM »
My Father, Leo Peyronnin, and Ed Gentry holed out on four and eleven respectively at Rolling Hills CC in 1964 while playing in the same group.

Claude Geiser , a new member, had been paired with them and Milt Black and since Claude was "unhandicapped" they wheeled him around six hole ea.

Yes he was Dad's opponent on 4, Ed's opponent on 11, and Milt's where Milt cooned three shots on the final hole holing out for an eagle.

Claude declined nest weeks game
"Golf is happiness. It's intoxication w/o the hangover; stimulation w/o the pills. It's price is high yet its rewards are richer. Some say its a boys pastime but it builds men. It cleanses the mind/rejuvenates the body. It is these things and many more for those of us who truly love it." M.Norman

SPDB

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 03:59:17 PM »
I played a course in Westchester last week that had a plaque on the tee of one of the par 5s commemorating 2 double eagles that were made in the same foursome, which I imagine is a rarer feat than two holes-in-one from the same foursome.

Joel_Stewart

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 06:58:41 PM »
Daniel Chopra made two hole in ones at Pebble Beach earlier this year in the same round.  The 5th and 17th.

Jay Flemma

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2012, 07:14:44 PM »
Happened at 14 at Bulls Bay last year (murderously tough hole). They sunk a plaque there to commemorate it. Chances are 1 in 1,000,000 or something?
Mackenzie, MacRayBanks, Maxwell, Doak, Dye, Strantz. @JayGolfUSA, GNN Radio Host of Jay's Plays www.cybergolf.com/writerscorner

Keith OHalloran

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2012, 07:25:34 PM »
I played a round with a lefty who played a cut and a righty that played a draw. The lefty went first, and both guys hit at the flag (from right to left). The bottom of the flag was not visible from the tee. When we got to the green, one ball was about an inch short left of the hole. Turns out the lefty, who hit first was in. The righty was not. We almost had 2 holes in one, but I told the lefty that if the second ball knocked him in ( which is possible based on trajectory, order of play and where the ball ended up) that he would have to replace his ball to where it was. So maybe we had none!

Patrick Schultheis

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2012, 07:26:09 PM »
Last year (2011), on his 70th birthday, my law partner Larry Sonsini aced the 17th hole at Stanford GC.  The next player up, Sam Tramiel (former CEO of Atari), also aced the hole.

Scott_Burroughs

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2012, 09:25:59 AM »
Jeez, and I thought it was a big deal when all 4 of us in a group a month ago birdied the same hole.  Though none of us were within 10 feet.

Michael Moore

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2012, 09:34:53 AM »
This happened at the Portland Country Club last month.

http://www.pressherald.com/2-Mainers-ace-same-hole-while-golfing-together.html?searchterm=ace+portland+country+club

A third guy in the group hit it to a foot.
Metaphor is social and shares the table with the objects it intertwines and the attitudes it reconciles. Opinion, like the Michelin inspector, dines alone. - Adam Gopnik, The Table Comes First

Brent Hutto

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2012, 09:41:43 AM »
Closest I've known of was at the club I used to belong to, during the Saturday morning dogfight. A in one group guy aced the 17th hole then another guy 3-4 groups later aced the same hole. Even that was pretty unlikely, I'd think.

john_stiles

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2012, 10:15:48 AM »
From page 120 of Dodson's  'The Story of Seminole'...

Seminole's 5th hole,  January 30, 1992

Betty Probasco - 1
Peggy Bell - 2
Barbara Romack - 1
Marlene Streit - 2

Total of 6 for a foursome,  two aces and two birdies.  Yikes !

If it wasn't already there, you would say that was one for the history books.

David Davis

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2012, 11:13:10 AM »
It's happened to me several times in two different scenerios. Both result in me waking up in the end. In the first where I'm one of the guys to hole out I awake hot and sweaty with a feeling of excitement, in the second I wake up in cold sweat much like I did when I was still married and the realization hits me that some other guy is getting lucky. Only in this case I'm marking his scorecard! Ha ha...sorry guys.

I do however, understand there is a course in India which I have not yet played, something like Royal Bombay and in some miraculous way every single guest that plays the blind par 3 15th hole manages to hole out. A truly amazing feat for the record books.

Sharing the greatest experiences in golf.

IG: @top100golftraveler
www.lockharttravelclub.com

John_Conley

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2012, 07:21:51 PM »
About 10 years ago there was a group from the University of North Florida (coach and three players or coach, assistant, and two players) that went 1-2-3-4 on the drivable Par 4 at World Woods - Pine Barrens.  That's pretty rare.

Duncan Cheslett

« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2012, 12:30:03 AM »
Here's a guy who got two aces in the same round;

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/golf/article-1281230/Essex-pensioner-defies-odds-sink-holes-single-round.html

And even more extraordinary, the bloke who put another ball down after the first one went in, and did it again!

http://www.shropshirestar.com/news/2010/05/25/a-hole-in-one-%E2%80%94-twice/#ixzz0vh9pBxyb

Mike_Clayton

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2012, 08:09:38 AM »
It happened in a club fourball match at Royal Melbourne's 7th hole a few years ago. One bloke had a shot and won the hole with a net 0

Steve Wilson

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2012, 09:09:18 PM »
There was an article in Golf Journal a few years ago that told of a fellow who aced the same hole, at Brancaster, I think it was the sixth, three days in a row in consecutive rounds during a regional amateur event.   In the practice round he aced the hole with a one iron, on the first day of play with the wind in at  his back he aced with a six iron and then used the one iron again on the second and final day of the tournament.  That's a record that's probably even safer than Johnny Van dermeer's back to back no hitters.  I mean someone might conceivably tie it, but break it?
Some days you play golf, some days you find things.

I'm not really registered, but I couldn't find a symbol for certifiable.

"Every good drive by a high handicapper will be punished..."  Garland Bailey at the BUDA in sharing with me what the better player should always remember.

Adrian_Stiff

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2012, 02:17:40 AM »
That was a Hunstanton's 16th, theres a plaque there. John Hudson holed his tee shot at Royal Norwich on the 11th (I think) about 190 yard with a 4 iron in the 1971 Martini (European tour event), then on the 12th a 310 yard par 4 he banged a driver away and low an behold it ran into the hole, thats the only 1,1 in a pro event on the European tour.
A combination of whats good for golf and good for turf.
The Players Club, Cumberwell Park, The Kendleshire, Oake Manor, Dainton Park, Forest Hills, Erlestoke, St Cleres.
www.theplayersgolfclub.com

K. Krahenbuhl

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2012, 06:34:49 AM »
Although not on the same hole this was printed in Golfweek last spring about a GCA poster's two aces...

"Been a busy – and quite nice – few weeks for the Burke family in Houston. Jack Burke Jr., a member of the Hall of Fame, ventured to Augusta on April 6 to receive the William D. Richardson Award for outstanding contributions to the game. Back home in Houston, Another member of the family was making some noise on the golf course. Dean Burke, Jack’s 25-year-old grandson, was at Champions Golf Club competing in the Match Play championship when he aced the 165-yard 16th hole (8-iron) on Cypress Creek. Later in the afternoon, joining one of the club’s assistants for an emergency nine, he aced the 205-yard fourth hole with a 5-iron. Dean had joined the club only two weeks earlier. A chip off the old block, for sure."

Tom Kelly

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2012, 10:03:17 AM »
There is a plaque on the 12th at Woodhall Spa (Hotchkin) that says two members playing in a matchplay comp once halved the hole with holes-in-one.

Doug Sobieski

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2012, 09:01:45 AM »
Slightly off the original topic, but I remembered this thread yesterday. One of my best friends (he's a +2 or +3), has made 3 in the last three weeks. Pretty long odds for that to happen. He's having a hard time keeping the ball OUT of the hole. Just qualified for the Mid Am, so hopefully he keeps it up.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back