News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David_Tepper

OT - Golf in the Scottish Highlands Article
« on: August 09, 2012, 01:18:43 PM »
The Robb Report Collection magazine is not on my regular (or even occasional) reading list, but a neighbor gave me a copy of the article about golf in the Scottish Highlands that is in the current issue. Here is a link:

http://www.robbreportcollection.com/Rediscovering-The-Game

Jackson C

Re: OT - Golf in the Scottish Highlands Article
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 01:35:26 PM »
David,

Have you had a chance to play Castle Stuart?
High level, how do you compare contrast with Dornoch?
"The secrets that golf reveals to the game's best are secrets those players must discover for themselves."
Christy O'Connor, Sr. (1998)

David_Tepper

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 01:53:53 PM »
Jackson -

Yes, I have played Castle Stuart 3 times. There have been already been several threads here discussing its virtues and merit.

I enjoy playing there and really like the course. I have joked that it is almost worth the green fee just to be able to sit in one of the leather chairs in the men's locker room, look out the windows and admire the views along the Moray Firth.

The fairway corridors at CS are clearly wider than at RD. CS does present many of the same challenges around the greens that you find at RD.

Mark Parsinen has said that Royal Dornoch and Cruden Bay were his primary inspiration for the design of Castle Stuart and their influence clearly shows.

DT       

Jim Eder

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 12:01:03 PM »
I would add to this some other very good ideas that are fairly close and drivable.  Boat of Garten and Lossiemouth, in addition to Tain, Golspie, and Brora. And if one drives up the A9 to get there a stop at Pitlochry would be a wonderful way to spend 3 hours. Tremendous land. There are many others but I really do love all of these.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back