News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Justin Broderson

Re: How to post pictures
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2009, 09:50:45 AM »

Rich Brittingham

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2009, 10:09:40 AM »
test
16th at PGA West Stadium

Scott Warren

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2009, 10:12:05 AM »
Does anyone else find a good percentage of pictures posted in the forum don't show up for them? And can anyone tell me how to fix that (I gather it's something related to my computer, not the board)?

Kirk Gill

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2009, 12:03:25 PM »
How do you reduce the picture size to be within the limits?

You don't necessarily have to resize your pictures prior to uploading them to photobucket or some other site. There is another way, just using the capabilities of this site's software, if you wish to go to the trouble. When you create the entry for your picture, you can specify the size as follows (Note, to make the entries appear as text I have replaced the first and last brackets with quotation marks. For the pictures to actually appear, you would replace the opening and closing quotation marks with brackets).

Here's a picture:

If you right-click on that picture and select properties, you'll see that it is 676 x 507 pixels, width being listed first, height second. Here's the entry I used for that picture:

"IMG]http://tiny.cc/QPEd7[/IMG"

If I wanted to make that picture smaller, I would add specific width and height definitions, also in pixels as follows:

"IMG width=338 height=253]http://tiny.cc/QPEd7[/IMG"

Note that the numbers I used were half the previous dimensions (although I had to fudge on one of the numbers because half of 507 is 253.5, and the software won't allow you to use decimals). This will give you this picture:

You have to use percentages of the original picture dimensions, otherwise your pics will be strangely stretched. I hope that this all makes some sense. Let me know if it doesn't.
"After all, we're not communists."
                             -Don Barzini

Ron Csigo

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2012, 10:03:18 PM »
Playing and Admiring the Great Golf Courses of the World.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back