News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Scott Warren

Re: Philly Open scoring
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2012, 12:06:56 AM »
The 5th is longer, uphill and has a more treacherous green and bunkering.

Given the relatively light-wind area the course is in, I'd have thought people who found 14 a more difficult hole (and scary proposition) than 5 would have been few and far between.

archie_struthers

« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2012, 06:12:01 AM »
 8) ::) ;)

Hey Pat, point proven,  if you have never needed the drop area on 14 ,  it's now a moot point as to difficulty ! Lol

Actually there are two,  in front of the lake , and back by the new tee for fifteen.  Just depends where you entered the hazard.  Over the green goes deep.   

Five doesn't have a drop area, and never did to my recollection.

Chris Roselle

« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2012, 08:39:12 AM »
8) ::) ;)

Hey Pat, point proven,  if you have never needed the drop area on 14 ,  it's now a moot point as to difficulty ! Lol

Actually there are two,  in front of the lake , and back by the new tee for fifteen.  Just depends where you entered the hazard.  Over the green goes deep.   

Five doesn't have a drop area, and never did to my recollection.

Pat/Archie, we did not have a drop zone on #5 but we did have one just short of the pond on #14.  And on Sunday we played from all the way back on #14 with a back hole location and no wind and my caddie said play it like a 205/210 yard shot which is alot different than 230 yards or #5.

Chris Roselle

« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2012, 05:36:31 PM »
http://youtu.be/7NLrB_tq1r0

Inside Golf Philadelphia did a nice little video of the event...

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back