News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Please note, each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us and we will be in contact.

Wayne_Kozun

Nebuloni Golf Shoes
« on: July 21, 2012, 12:12:05 AM »
Does anyone out there have a pair of Nebuloni golf shoes?  These are the shoes worn by Miguel Angel Jimenez and Gary Player, amongst others.   http://www.nebulonigolf.com/main.html

They aren't cheap, it looks like there are a few online retailers that sell them for about $600, but they look nice.

Dan Herrmann

Re: Nebuloni Golf Shoes
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 07:07:47 AM »
Wayne,
I think the Tru Linkswear mindset is the future of golf footwear.  In other words, golf footwear is becoming as athletic and bio-engineered as a pair of Nike sprint shoes.    You wouldn't wear these without spikes for a mile-long walk in your neighborhood, why would you use them on the golf course?

But, yes, they're really nice looking :)

PCCraig

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 07:27:51 AM »
Now those are golf shoes! I do miss the leather soled FJ Classics of roughly 10 years ago.
H.P.S.

Ben Kodadek

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 09:46:14 AM »
Now those are golf shoes! I do miss the leather soled FJ Classics of roughly 10 years ago.

Agreed.  I really don't care for any of the newer "high tech" shoes.  I do have a couple pairs of Ecco streets, but don't love the look.  I've had a number of Classics re-soled by http://www.larossashoerepair.com/ and they do a fantastic job.  They can put a Classic sole on ANY shoe that you send them for under $100.

Wayne_Kozun

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2012, 10:01:52 AM »
I have three pairs of FJ Classics Dry Premiere.  I bought up a couple of pairs when they stopped making them a few years back.

Wayne_Kozun

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2012, 11:08:41 AM »
You wouldn't wear these without spikes for a mile-long walk in your neighborhood, why would you use them on the golf course?
To quote Billy Crystal as Fernando Lamas on SNL "It is better than to look good than to feel good darling, and you know what I mean".

A good pair of real leather shoes with leather soles can be very comfortable if they fit properly.  The Trus, Eccos, etc look like deck shoes, not golf shoes.

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2012, 11:10:05 AM »
Wayne,
I think the Tru Linkswear mindset is the future of golf footwear.  In other words, golf footwear is becoming as athletic and bio-engineered as a pair of Nike sprint shoes.    You wouldn't wear these without spikes for a mile-long walk in your neighborhood, why would you use them on the golf course?

The Trues leave such a nice advertisement in the bunkers. How about a rake boys cause they still leave an imprint.

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2012, 11:47:38 AM »
Is Cabrera-Bello wearing those today?

At least you can tell the TMAG golfers on Saturday~All wearing red Adidas.
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Tim Martin

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2012, 08:56:32 PM »
Wayne,

+1
Just like metal spikes are a thing of the past I think soft spikes are going in the same direction. Yeah you will always be able to buy some high end stuff like Nebuloni but the market is leaning in the opposite direction.

PThomas

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2012, 09:06:12 PM »
for those who havent tried the Eccos or those with similar spikes, may I suggest at least trying them....I found them to be SO MUCH more comfortable than traditional golf spikes that I will have a hard time ever putting on the latter again
199 played, only Augusta National left to play!

Wayne_Kozun

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2012, 09:10:29 PM »
But that doesn't change the fact that they look like something a nurse wears.  Real shoes, either for business or the golf course, have leather soles.

PThomas

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2012, 09:14:09 PM »
But that doesn't change the fact that they look like something a nurse wears.  Real shoes, either for business or the golf course, have leather soles.

I actually like the way some (not all ) of the colors look!  but thats not the important factor...

Tim Martin

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2012, 09:29:00 PM »

Leather soles for golf shoes are like school in June-all done. Unless someone is paying you to wear them there is no way they are as comfortable as Ecco Streets/Trues/Footjoy Casuals. If you are going to kick it in a pair of Nebuloni`s you better play good or you look like a douche.

Wayne_Kozun

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2012, 09:29:24 PM »
This:

is far better looking than these:

Unless you are a teenager.

Mike McGuire

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2012, 09:49:06 PM »
Tiger looks like everyone else wearing white sneakers. If you are a force wear black leather, the heavier the better.

Tim Martin

« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2012, 09:51:54 PM »

Wayne_Kozun

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2012, 09:54:15 PM »
Or this:

Bill Seitz

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2012, 09:56:47 PM »
This:

is far better looking than these:

Unless you are a teenager.

I won't argue that they have some really nice looking shoes. And they'd probably be great for riding 18 holes. But if I'm walking 36 or 54, I'll stick with my Trues or Eccos. I've had plenty of FJ classics, and they're nice shoes. They also about 3x heavier than Trues, and that bed of screws sticking up through the soles aren't exactly designed for comfort.

C. Squier

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2012, 09:59:06 PM »
Sorry Wayne.....from a guy who had more pairs of FJ Classics than his wife has shoes, heavy soled shoes are yesterday's news. Sure they look good, but after one round in a pair of Trues I sold all but 3-4 pairs of my Classics with no desire to go back. And even those few pairs I haven't worn since.....steady diet of Trues and Nikes.

Did I walk 36 in Classics? You bet. Were they as comfortable as today's modern shoes? Not even close.

Tim Martin

« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2012, 10:03:42 PM »
Sorry Wayne.....from a guy who had more pairs of FJ Classics than his wife has shoes, heavy soled shoes are yesterday's news. Sure they look good, but after one round in a pair of Trues I sold all but 3-4 pairs of my Classics with no desire to go back. And even those few pairs I haven't worn since.....steady diet of Trues and Nikes.

Did I walk 36 in Classics? You bet. Were they as comfortable as today's modern shoes? Not even close.

That`s a bingo. The other thing to consider is that they pay Jimenez to wear them. Anybody want to peel out $600 plus for a pair? Maybe in a parallel universe. ::)   

PThomas

« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2012, 10:24:53 PM »

That`s a bingo. The other thing to consider is that they pay Jimenez to wear them. Anybody want to peel out $600 plus for a pair? Maybe in a parallel universe. ::)   

ah, more voices of reason :)

Jason Thurman

« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2012, 10:46:47 PM »
Or this:

Obviously the shoes are going to look good compared to the rest of that picture. Honestly, what the hell is happening there?

I'm all about style. I feel a little stupid every time I put on my Trues. But I also feel very comfortable, and it's a total letdown to play a cart round with the Trues on because they're so pleasant to walk in.
"There will always be haters. That’s just the way it is. Hating dudes marry hating women and have hating ass kids." - Evan Turner

Some of y'all have never been called out in bold green font and it really shows.

mike_beene

« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2012, 10:55:56 PM »
I first had Ecco casual shoes,then a pair of suit shoes.The DC part of my job requires a lot of walking in a suit and they look fine for those purposes.They leather soled shoes work for everything else.Now my Ecco golf shoes are the most comfortable I have owned.I am all for looking appropriate but some compromises make me more effective at golf and at work.

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2012, 10:59:22 PM »
That may have been the Spafro on the retrete, but they photoshopped out the toilet and in came the clear plastic seat thingy.
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

PThomas

« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2012, 11:08:57 PM »
Or this:

i sure hope that was HIS trophy! :o

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back