News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Patrick_Mucci

Re: Trump Scotland - photo tour
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2012, 02:54:17 PM »
If the look of this course was getting any older any faster Maury would have it booked on his next Progeria special.

JakaB,

Do you know that there are only 86-89 children in the world currently diagnosed with Progeria ?

One of them is a good friend of mine's daughter, who won't live much longer.

A terrible disease that doesn't get the attention, due to the small number of children diagnosed, and therefore doesn't get much in the way of funding.  I'm involved in a charity that raises money for research for Progeria.  We're holding this year's golf outing on Sept 20th at Preakness Hills in Wayne, NJ.  If anyone is interesting in donating or participating, please IM me.

Thanks

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2012, 02:56:29 PM »
For those judging the course by the number of balls lost during a round, how did Pine Valley get to be # 1, year in and year out ?

Played with some fellows the other day and their bags were considerably lighter on the 18th green than they were on the first tee. ;D

Tom Yost

« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2012, 03:20:22 PM »
I take it, this is a walking course?   No signs of carts or cart paths.   Nice to see the walkers and push carts, which I understand is typical in the UK but I guess I'm a bit surprised, thinking Trump would have pushed the riding culture. 

Mark_Rowlinson

« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2012, 06:08:26 PM »
I carried my clubs, but I usually do in the UK. I tried to carry at Yale a few years ago.... After two holes I felt like dying. I took a buggie from the 10th. But I still don't feel a need to take even a push trolley in the UK. I don't carry 14 clubs. I don't need umpteen waterproofs and umbrellas. I venture into all sorts of parts of the course where a trolley would be a hindrance. I probably play a good deal faster than most trolley- or buggie-encumbered players, which enables me to take photos without hindering my playing partners or those following. They may score better, of course.....

James Boon

« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2012, 06:21:54 PM »
Robin,

Thanks for the extra photos.

However, you appear to have accidentally got your green dial cranked up to 11...  ;D

Cheers,

James
2023 Highlights: Hollinwell (Notts), Brora, Aberdovey, Royal St Davids, Woodhall Spa, Broadstone, Parkstone, Cleeve, Painswick, Minchinhampton, Hoylake

"It celebrates the unadulterated pleasure of being in a dialogue with nature while knocking a ball round on foot." Richard Pennell

Robin_Hiseman

« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2012, 05:23:37 AM »
Haven't touched the colour adjustment at all James.  Just brightened them up and sharpened the contrast a tad.  That grass really is kind of green, especially the Rye.
2024: Royal St. David's; Mill Ride; Milford; Notts; JCB, Jameson Links, Druids Glen, Royal Dublin, Portmarnock, Old Head, Addington, Parkstone, Denham, Thurlestone, Dartmouth, Rustic Canyon, LACC (North), MPCC (Shore), Cal Club, San Francisco, Epsom

Robin_Hiseman

« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2012, 05:44:35 AM »
Just a few more photos to supplement Mark's tee views, of which a few were a bit dark.  I clambered up to the top of the dunes to get a better view (my dodgy knee is not thanking me for it now!).  Not touched these up at all James  ;)  Some of these amply illustrate the wild terrain just off the fairways.  I was in there a few times but left the property with about 6 more balls than I arrived with!

Hole 2:

Hole 5:

Hole 7:  Yikes!

Hole 8:

Hole 9:

Hole 10:  The full extent of the double fairway can be seen to the right.

Hole 11:

Hole 14:
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 05:56:01 AM by Robin_Hiseman »
2024: Royal St. David's; Mill Ride; Milford; Notts; JCB, Jameson Links, Druids Glen, Royal Dublin, Portmarnock, Old Head, Addington, Parkstone, Denham, Thurlestone, Dartmouth, Rustic Canyon, LACC (North), MPCC (Shore), Cal Club, San Francisco, Epsom

Robin_Hiseman

« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2012, 06:02:20 AM »
Yes Brian.  We were playing it into a 10-15mph wind coming at you from about 10 o'clock.  I took a 5 hybrid both days and managed to find the fairway.  Usually plays a touch downwind, apparently.

David Davis

« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2012, 07:09:16 AM »
Mark,

Thanks, what a brilliant photo tour. Just when I was satisfied to have thoroughly blanketed the Scottish golf landscape and weather the yes, sorry boys, horrid cuisine in doing so, this pops up to force my inevitable return to the Aberdeen area. Ah well there are worse things in life and I can pack an extra carry-on to bring with me.

I agree with the comments on the bunkering, given the rugged landscape I would of personally preferred to see rugged style bunkering as apposed to clean riveted bunkers. Course I'm picking at straws and the course looks amazing, nice work to all that were lucky enough to participate. It will certainly make it's debut in the worlds top 50 I'd guess.

Not to mention further strengthen Aberdeen as one of THE destinations for golf.
Sharing the greatest experiences in golf.

IG: @top100golftraveler
www.lockharttravelclub.com

Mark_Rowlinson

« Reply #59 on: July 19, 2012, 03:17:34 PM »
I looked in at Cruden Bay on my way to the Trump (I was staying in Peterhead) and Cruden looked incredibly green - dark green, even. Today I was at North Wales - a sandy/dunes links. It, too was the darkest of greens, with several holes out of action because of flooding, and vast tracts of casual water lying everywhere. I called in at Conwy to deliver something and it, too, looks as green as I have ever seen it. Whatever you do, don't judge Trump on its colour. Almost everywhere in the UK is saturated. Askernish may be the exception!

George Pazin

« Reply #60 on: July 19, 2012, 03:41:10 PM »
Thanks for the additional pics, Robin, you have a great eye, no surprise.

I have nightmares about holes like the 7th.
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back