News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

John Blain

Pine Tree GC in Boynton Beach, FL.
« on: July 14, 2012, 07:41:55 PM »
Is anyone out there familiar with Pine Tree GC in Boynton Beach, FL?  I was just curious where it stacks up among the clubs in south Florida...is it a walkable golf course with caddies or are you allowed to carry your own? Carts only?  Younger membership or generally older? Is it a club with a high initiation fee and steep dues or a club that is generally affordable for the not so wealthy? Is it a golf club or a country club? Their websiite gives very little information for non-members.

I know back in the day Sam Snead was a member.

I believe there is a gentleman who posts on this website who works there as an assistant superintendent, maybe he can help.

At some point in our life my wife and I will likely move to south Florida and was curious about joining a place like Pine Tree and how it stacks up to other clubs in that area.

Thanks for an help.

hick

Re: Pine Tree GC in Boynton Beach, FL.
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 09:42:46 PM »
Had a chance to play Pine Tree back in 1998 and it did not disappoint. It seamed like a great club and very walkable. I think it has a young membership for the area. I think the super posts some nice photos of the work being done over the last few years.

Michael Dugger

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 10:26:21 PM »
Pat Mucci is an ardent fan and the current super is Anthony Nysse, a contributor here.

What does it matter if the poor player can putt all the way from tee to green, provided that he has to zigzag so frequently that he takes six or seven putts to reach it?     --Alistair Mackenzie--

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 10:31:21 PM »
It has been rooted to be the best flat course in the country.  Think Hogan or Snead said that.  Someone here will know.  I played it once after a bunker redo and thought it was an exceptional course.  I did miss hill, however.  The emebership is very proud of the cousre and the club has a high percentage of low handicappers.
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Anthony_Nysse

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 10:14:11 AM »
JPBlain,
  I sent you a PM with some specifics and links. Let me know if you have any further questions. Thanks
Anthony J. Nysse
Director of Golf Courses & Grounds
Apogee Club
Hobe Sound, FL

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back