News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Cliff Hamm

Yale video from Links
« on: July 13, 2012, 08:42:01 PM »
I will leave commentary for others.  The music is certainly fit for any Eli..

http://www.linksmagazine.com/golf_courses/links100-course-of-the-month-june-2012
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 08:43:39 PM by Cliff Hamm »

Andrew Lewis

Re: Yale video from Links
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 08:52:23 PM »
Very good stuff on an excellent course. But any true New Haven insider knows that Modern is better than Sallys or Pepes  ;D

Sven Nilsen

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 11:45:53 PM »
Modern was my post-little league game stop for a number of years.  Generally not a victory celebration, as my Bank of New Haven sponsored team posted back to back 1 and 17 seasons, but, when you were getting Modern afterwards, the game didn't really matter.

Just to stay on topic, the coach of that team was Richard Levin, current president of Yale, which has a pretty darn good golf course.
"As much as we have learned about the history of golf architecture in the last ten plus years, I'm convinced we have only scratched the surface."  A GCA Poster

"There's the golf hole; play it any way you please." Donald Ross

Tim Martin

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 02:42:58 PM »
Very good stuff on an excellent course. But any true New Haven insider knows that Modern is better than Sallys or Pepes  ;D

That my friend is complete and utter b---sh-t. See how many lines are forming in front of Modern and then get back to me. Modern`s ovens are too hot of late with the once 5 star crust reduced to soup. I know they have their loyalists but it is Double A compared to Pepe`s or Sally`s which is "The Show" . ;D

Joey Chase

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2012, 02:50:52 PM »
Pepe's, hands down. 

Tim Martin

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2012, 03:00:21 PM »

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2012, 03:56:04 PM »
Was that a video or a slide show? How can we better present a golf course, with a collection of stills or by mounting a camera on top of a golf cart and driving?
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

David Harshbarger

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2012, 07:28:08 PM »
Slideshow with cryptic commentary.
The trouble with modern equipment and distance—and I don't see anyone pointing this out—is that it robs from the player's experience. - Mickey Wright

Mike Sweeney

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2012, 09:16:06 PM »
Pepe's, hands down. 

Abate is just down the street, is very underrated, and they always have room. It is the Southampton GC sitting next to the brand names of Shinnecock and National. Gluten free pizza is very good and good for you.

Tim Martin

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2012, 09:20:26 PM »
Pepe's, hands down.  

Abate is just down the street, is very underrated, and they always have room. It is the Southampton GC sitting next to the brand names of Shinnecock and National. Gluten free pizza is very good and good for you.

Mike-Head into Pepe`s and ask for Gluten free pizza. Within 10 seconds a guy named Carmine is dispatched to come out and kick your ass. ;D When I go in there worrying about what is healthy for me doesn`t pop into my head.

Mike Sweeney

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2012, 09:25:29 PM »
As you are one of the few people that will understand this, I typically eat there with Dustin so....

Honestly, I have never been to Pepe's. More than 3 people in line and I can't take it....

Tim Martin

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2012, 09:36:39 PM »
As you are one of the few people that will understand this, I typically eat there with Dustin so....

Honestly, I have never been to Pepe's. More than 3 people in line and I can't take it....

Mike-No worries and I certainly do understand. :)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back