News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Keith OHalloran

Orlando Choices
« on: July 13, 2012, 05:27:50 PM »
My "Myrtle" trip will be in Orlando this year. We are playing at Grand Cypress, and the resort is trying to set us up with a practice round off  grounds. They have given us these choices. Any input?

Waldorf
Ritz Carlton
Shingle Creek
Disney Courses
Reunion
Champions Gate

Thanks Keith

Greg Tallman

Re: Orlando Choices
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 05:38:55 PM »
My "Myrtle" trip will be in Orlando this year. We are playing at Grand Cypress, and the resort is trying to set us up with a practice round off  grounds. They have given us these choices. Any input?

Waldorf
Ritz Carlton
Shingle Creek
Disney Courses
Reunion
Champions Gate

Thanks Keith

Go back to Myrtle and play Caledonia!

Seriously though just flip a coin and arrive with low expectations. None are memorable but noe are offensively bad. See if you can sneak down i4 a bit and play Southern Dunes which pre-housing was wonderful. 

Jud_T

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 05:43:15 PM »
Push it back a few months till Streamsong opens for play.
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Brian Colbert

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 06:12:54 PM »
You can go ahead and skip Reunion, I'm pretty sure the Watson is the worst course I've ever played in competition. Unless you like framing mounds, 10 fairway bunkers on each hole, and a driving range which is more like a fairway bunker than a tee box.

Carl Nichols

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 07:08:37 PM »
You can go ahead and skip Reunion, I'm pretty sure the Watson is the worst course I've ever played in competition. Unless you like framing mounds, 10 fairway bunkers on each hole, and a driving range which is more like a fairway bunker than a tee box.
You forgot ugly condos.

Pete Balzer

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2012, 07:36:38 PM »
The only course on your list that I have played - Shingle Creek.

Non descript course, nothing sticks out about in my mind, being a few yrs removed, there has to be a better option.

Mark Saltzman

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2012, 07:42:13 PM »

Waldorf
Ritz Carlton
Shingle Creek
Disney Courses
Reunion
Champions Gate

Thanks Keith

IAPO:

Champions Gate - International
Disney Osprey Ridge
Waldorf
Ritz
Shingle Creek

First two are the top-2 by a good ways.  They are Doak 8s. I don't ever overstate Doak scores.

Joe Bausch

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2012, 07:58:33 PM »
Are you limited to Orlando proper?  If not, the trip to World Woods is very much worth it, IMHO.
@jwbausch (for new photo albums)
The site for the Cobb's Creek project:  https://cobbscreek.org/
Nearly all Delaware Valley golf courses in photo albums: Bausch Collection

John_Conley

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2012, 09:11:30 PM »
First two are the top-2 by a good ways.  They are Doak 8s. I don't ever overstate Doak scores.

Each is a 4?

Ron Csigo

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2012, 11:00:25 PM »
Keith,

I've played most of the courses on your list and I agree with Mark.  Given your list, go with Osprey Ridge.
Playing and Admiring the Great Golf Courses of the World.

Carl Nichols

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2012, 11:59:08 PM »
Champions Gate - International
Disney Osprey Ridge
Waldorf
Ritz
Shingle Creek

I agree that Champions Gate is #1 on this list, but a Doak 8????? How about a 5, maybe!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back