News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Eric Strulowitz

Atlanta GCA Outing Was a Blast!
« on: July 11, 2012, 04:19:10 PM »
Want to thank all who attended the outing yesterday at Rivermont CC.  Needless to stay, the course did not disappoint, it was in great shape tee to green.  Many thanks again to Chris Cupit, for making this venue available.

It was great meeting many of you and I hope that we will do this again and soon.  It is never easy to coordinate these events, we all have crazy schedules, and it is impossible to please all,  but it is always wonderful to get together with a group that loves the game with the passion that many of you do.

Thanks again all for a great day. 

Eric

Mac Plumart

Re: Atlanta GCA Outing Was a Blast!
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 05:00:33 PM »
It was a great day.  Thanks for getting that ball rolling, Erc.

And, Chris, as always...thanks!!
Sportsman/Adventure loving golfer.

Hayward McEver

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 07:18:47 PM »
As a new GCA member, I wanted to meet some other GCA'ers as well as play Rivermont, which I had read much about on these boards. I grew up in Atlanta and have lived here since college but never played there or heard much about it, other than this website over the last few months.  I've learned a lot about GCA from this website as well as reading a few GCA books this spring. I now see courses much differently and feel like I'm learning more each day. As I mentioned to Mac yesterday, GCA is like fine wine, the more you learn the more you appreciate the good vino and the more you can't take the two buck chuck! 

Rivermont was definitely the good stuff! I've had the good fortune to play at a number of old courses, some very highly ranked, and Rivermont displayed qualiites you would find at some old line courses. It was FUN to play and it made me think of Mountain Lake in some ways in terms of the enjoyment of the round. I highly recommend if you are in the area.

As a new member, I look forward to meeting more of you and hope to contribute some to the discussions. I was a little intimidated just showing up yesterday having never posted or knowing any other members (I'm still not exactly sure how I found this website...!), but had the good fortune of playing with Mr. Turboe, Mac Plumart and Link. What an enjoyable day playing and talking GCA with others who can talk the same language!

David Harshbarger

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 07:24:17 PM »
Hayward,

Welcome and feel free to introduce yourself. 

It is intimidating to meet GCAers but maybe not as awkward as explaining to the SO why you are driving x hours to meet up with 7 guys you met in an online discussion group.

Dave
The trouble with modern equipment and distance—and I don't see anyone pointing this out—is that it robs from the player's experience. - Mickey Wright

Hayward McEver

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 07:27:20 PM »
How about "I'm going to play with some people I've never met but simply read some of their posts on an online message board..."  She pretty much just laughed!

Mac Plumart

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, 07:50:34 PM »
Hayward...

It was great meeting you.  I look forward to playing many more rounds with you.  Hopefully, I can steal some of your game.  Man...you were hittin' it well yesterday!
Sportsman/Adventure loving golfer.

Garland Bayley

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2012, 08:14:37 PM »
Mr. Turboe??? ??? My, isn't some hard rocker putting on aires!
  ::)
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Adam Clayman

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2012, 09:54:12 PM »
I now see courses much differently and feel like I'm learning more each day. As I mentioned to Mac yesterday, GCA is like fine wine, the more you learn the more you appreciate the good vino and the more you can't take the two buck chuck! 

If this is true... Run, do not stop, do not pass Go. And whatever you do, don't try and talk the talk, with neophytes, while you are playing the two buck Chucks.

;D

Welcome
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Garland Bayley

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2012, 10:35:14 PM »
There's been some mighty fine two buck chuck made.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back