News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Daryl "Turboe" Boe

I decided this probably deserved its own thread so people actually knew it was a post outing thread and not the original invite thread.

Well a good time was had by all, and while I didn't see who was in the first group off in the am, I did get to meet more of the great members of the GCA family on Tue.  Thanks again for Eric setting everything up, and to Chris and everyone at Rivermont for the hospitality.

I had forgotten just how great and fun Rivermont is.  I had a blast.  Here are a few pics of some of the motley crew assembled...

Morning foursome #3. Myself, Mac Plumart, Hayward McEver, and Link Walsh.

More to follow but wanted to get this up.
Instagram: @thequestfor3000

"Time spent playing golf is not deducted from ones lifespan."

"We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Daryl "Turboe" Boe

Re: A great day at Rivermont - Atlanta GCA outing photos from Tue.
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 09:50:33 PM »
After the morning rounds were done each foursome must have just gone their separate ways for lunch before reconvening about 2:30 for a second round or a little scramble.  So after the survivors of foursome #3 returned from a fantastic lunch at St. Ives CC (thanks Mac!!) everyone who was left decided to go out as a six-some and play a little 3-on-3 scramble until Link had to leave us.

the intrepid walkers Mac P. and Malcom McKinnon take on the heat on foot.  I believe this is the walkway in front of the 2nd tee right?

The afternoon six-some just before Link left us for the day.  From left to right:  Me, Malcom, Eric (our fearless leader) Strulowitz, Mac, Bo Haney, and Link.  Team Link/Bo/Eric closed us out on this hole, the par 3 6th.  Bo put on an unbelievable putting exhibition!!!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 11:29:55 PM by Daryl "Turboe" Boe »

"We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Daryl "Turboe" Boe

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 09:56:24 PM »

The enviable swing of Hayward on the Par 3 14th (I think)

Bryan Icenhower

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 09:58:36 PM »
the intrepid walkers Mac P. and Malcom McKinnon take on the heat on foot.  I believe this is the walkway in front of the 2nd tee right?

Correct, walk from 2 tee

Mac Plumart

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 10:09:29 PM »
Some random photos of the course...

Behind 8 green

From the left side of 10 green

12 tee

From the left side of 13 green...a modest false front :)

Approach into 15

Sportsman/Adventure loving golfer.

Daryl "Turboe" Boe

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 10:11:42 PM »

Great approach to the par 4 - 1st.

Landing area on the par 5 - 2nd.

Approach to the par 4 - 3rd.

Par 3 - 4th the Redan hole.

Link on the 4th

Bo on the 4th

Eric on the 4th.

Now you can get a little feel for why team Mac/Malcom/Daryl fell to the mighty Link/Bo/Eric team...

Daryl "Turboe" Boe

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2012, 10:22:22 PM »
While we were there on Tuesday the guys from a company called Just One Golf were installing their first ever "Just One Golf" kiosk on the par 3 - 6th.  

This small computer kiosk will allow you to enter your credit card and place a bet from $1 up to $500 on your ability to hit a hole in one.  HD cameras will record your entire playing of the hole (One on the tee and two focused on the green) to verify the act and also provide a professional DVD of the results should you ace the hole.  Your DVD will arrive in the mail along with your check (500:1 odds on whatever you wagered ahead of time).  They apparently have two other courses around the Atlanta area that are putting one in, and we will see if this catches on from there.

view of the par 3 - 6th hole.  Note the pole to the right of the cart path with the camera that is facing the tee recording the person and the shot. The cameras mounted behind the green appear like two white dots against the green backdrop of the trees.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 10:25:38 PM by Daryl "Turboe" Boe »

Malcolm Mckinnon

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2012, 10:58:54 PM »
Turboe!

Great pics!

Eric and Mac, Thanks for setting this up! Rivermont is terrific!!!

Also, Will (un-pictured) , it was a pleasure to see your solid striking of the ball. I envision my every shot just the way you hit them. It just doesn't work out that way. Too bad that you didn't experience the wonderful sand wedge escapes that had me traversing pipes over gulches and down precipitous, weedy banks and back into play with puts for par. Golf must suck when greens in regulation are so run of the mill!

Thanks to all! Let me know when you are in NJ and I will be happy to have you at Springdale GC.

Malcolm

Garland Bayley

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2012, 01:07:56 AM »
While we were there on Tuesday the guys from a company called Just One Golf were installing their first ever "Just One Golf" kiosk on the par 3 - 6th.  

This small computer kiosk will allow you to enter your credit card and place a bet from $1 up to $500 on your ability to hit a hole in one.  HD cameras will record your entire playing of the hole (One on the tee and two focused on the green) to verify the act and also provide a professional DVD of the results should you ace the hole.  Your DVD will arrive in the mail along with your check (500:1 odds on whatever you wagered ahead of time).  They apparently have two other courses around the Atlanta area that are putting one in, and we will see if this catches on from there.

view of the par 3 - 6th hole.  Note the pole to the right of the cart path with the camera that is facing the tee recording the person and the shot. The cameras mounted behind the green appear like two white dots against the green backdrop of the trees.

I trust the math faculty at SDT properly educated you to not participate is such scams.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Daryl "Turboe" Boe

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2012, 08:18:42 AM »
Yes, I always say that "The lottery is a tax on people who are bad at math!!!"

However in full disclosure I felt obligated after meeting the founder and owner to put $2 down for the chance to be the very first paying customer in the entire world for any company just starting up.  So I did. 

Garland Bayley

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2012, 11:22:59 AM »
Yes, I always say that "The lottery is a tax on people who are bad at math!!!"

However in full disclosure I felt obligated after meeting the founder and owner to put $2 down for the chance to be the very first paying customer in the entire world for any company just starting up.  So I did. 

Fair enough.  :)
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Jeff Shelman

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2012, 12:19:53 PM »
Looks like you guys had a wonderful day. And, not surprisingly, the golf course still looks wonderful.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back