News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Sean_A

Re: Your golf course nemesis? Mine's 16 at Pasa...still...
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2012, 03:30:11 AM »
Without a doubt, Beau Desert.  There are a handful of holes there which still tie me on knots.

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024: Nothing

Mike Hendren

« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2012, 10:23:11 AM »
The 12th at The Old Course.  Unless you can carry it long off the tee it's nothing more than an enlarged game of parlour bagatelle:

Great hole, yet ruinous.

Bogey 
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Scott Szabo

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2012, 11:18:51 AM »
Without a doubt, #11 at Bayside in Ogallala Nebraska. 
"So your man hit it into a fairway bunker, hit the wrong side of the green, and couldn't hit a hybrid off a sidehill lie to take advantage of his length? We apologize for testing him so thoroughly." - Tom Doak, 6/29/10

Scott_Burroughs

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2012, 11:58:03 AM »
#18 at Pebble.

2 trips around, 2 snowmen.

1st time:  hook drive in Pacific, hook 3-wood in Pacific, 3 putts.
2nd time: perfect drive, try to ease a 5-iron lay-up....block it O.B.

Chris_Hufnagel

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2012, 12:23:58 PM »
What's your golf hole nemesis?  What hole on what course owns you?

#1 at Pacific Dunes.

I love that course, probably my favorite place in the world.  

The anticipation of my next trip, the herculean effort to get there, the joy of getting on the shuttle en route to the clubhouse, stepping to the first tee and knowing the next ten minutes of pain will be followed by four hours of pure bliss.  That is #1 at Pacific Dunes to me.

I would hazard a guess, that relative to par, I am the most strokes on the wrong side there then any hole at Pacific Dunes.  When I walk to #2 with a five on my card it may as well be a birdie.

I have hit everything from driver to six iron - and am I am either long right or short right off the tee – every time.  I can't even tell you the last time I hit the fairway or I actually saw the green on my approach shot.

Before my last trip this March I even went out an bought an "easy to hit" hybrid just for that one shot - and I still ended up on the right...even further right than the last time....

That hole eats my lunch, has my number, kicks my backside...

What makes it worse is that it starts by day at one of my favorite places in the world!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 12:38:48 PM by Chris Hufnagel »

Kalen Braley

« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2012, 12:29:15 PM »
Chris,

I agree with #1 at PD.  Its arguably the hardest tee shot on the entire course and it comes on the 1st hole that plays directly into the prevailing summer wind.  Any ball that has even a teeny bit of fade on it will almost always find that massive dune to the right, unless you aim well left.  After that a big number is pretty much garuanteed right out of the box.

Mark Provenzano

« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2012, 12:42:16 PM »
Another vote for #16 at Pasa. Hit my best drive on that hole ever there Sunday: 115 out with a flat lie for my 2nd. Pin is middle tier right, close to the bunker--a tricky spot, but I'm not going to get greedy.

Walked away with a 7. Anyone's who played there can mentally fill in the blanks. But it won't stop me from taking another crack at it tomorrow!

Brett_Morrissy

« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2012, 07:17:29 AM »
Understand the mental nemesis of 16 at Pasatiempo - for me it was the quintessential Mackenzie "no even lies" fairway, into that green complex,one of my favourite holes, made 4 I think, but intentionally played long to back edge.
@theflatsticker

Alex Lagowitz

« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2012, 11:18:56 PM »
Well, it took me something like 200 rounds at Royal Dornoch before I parred #14, "Foxy," for the 1st time, so I guess that has been my golf course nemesis for quite some time. Of course, I had to bounce my 3rd shot (from 150 yards away) off the flagstick to leave me with a tap-in for a par-4. ;)

David,

I birdied the hole the first time I played it!
What a treat!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back