News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Steve_ Shaffer

Tree Removal at Manufacturers G&CC(Flynn)
« on: July 09, 2012, 09:33:10 PM »
Good article by Ron Rommanik about the tree removal project at Manny's over the last 10 years overseen by Ron Forse and the Superintendent Larry Corr:

http://myphillygolf.com/detail.asp?id=11709&pid=20
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

PCCraig

Re: Tree Removal at Manufacturers G&CC(Flynn)
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 09:36:50 PM »
Just awesome! Kudos to everyone involved!
H.P.S.

Bill Shotzbarger

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 11:42:22 PM »
The course plays a lot easier than it used to. 10 used to require a fade off the tee unless one chose to lay up at the top of the hill. Now a hook that starts at the maintenance shed on the right side is a decent line. I honestly think they need to convert 9 into a par 4, because other than 3, 13, and 16, the course does not have nearly as much bite as it once did.

Also, from the black tee, one can play #2 by driving the ball LEFT of the creek, towards the 7th tee box. This takes the creek virtually out of play on the tee and approach shots.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 11:49:26 PM by Bill Shotzbarger »

Dan Herrmann

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 07:42:09 AM »
Steve - GREAT article!

Paul Carey

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 05:14:58 PM »
Have they "fixed" the green on number 9?  Without easing the slope it could never be a par 4.

The course plays a lot easier than it used to. 10 used to require a fade off the tee unless one chose to lay up at the top of the hill. Now a hook that starts at the maintenance shed on the right side is a decent line. I honestly think they need to convert 9 into a par 4, because other than 3, 13, and 16, the course does not have nearly as much bite as it once did.

Also, from the black tee, one can play #2 by driving the ball LEFT of the creek, towards the 7th tee box. This takes the creek virtually out of play on the tee and approach shots.

Bill Shotzbarger

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, 05:52:35 PM »
Have they "fixed" the green on number 9?  Without easing the slope it could never be a par 4.

I'm not sure what needed to be "fixed" about it but I believe it was expanded. I can't comment on whether or not the slope was softened.

I'm not sure when Joe B took this pic but I'm almost certain it's how the green is currently. A few years ago, while the work was going on, they switched from a red-white-blue flag scheme (like we have at Torresdale) to those all white flags you seen in Joe's pic.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back