News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Carl Johnson

For me, I think it is.  One of my many "golf problems" is frequent lack of concentration.  When the course is interesting, and gives you options, makes you think, then I think I concentrate better and, I believe, I actually play better as a result.  If the course is boring, then I just lose interest and start "wacking it around."  I find this is true even if I'm in a match.

Chris_Hufnagel

Re: Is boring golf course architecture more difficult to play? New
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 03:41:59 PM »
For me, I think it is.  One of my many "golf problems" is frequent lack of concentration.  When the course is interesting, and gives you options, makes you think, then I think I concentrate better and, I believe, I actually play better as a result.  If the course is boring, then I just lose interest and start "wacking it around."  I find this is true even if I'm in a match.

For me, yes. Without a doubt - I belong to two clubs...

The first is your typical, uninspired, modern design, hit it here, very little thought to trying different shots.  Everything is prescribed. No use for the ground game.  Moved a lot of dirt and made it feel unnatural. I walk and not a lot of attention was paid to the walking golfer.  When I am done, I usually feel pretty beaten up and ready for a shower and drink...

The second is a throwback course with options and variety every where you turn. The ground game is encouraged and the conditions are firm and fast. I never get tired of playing the course and when I step off of #18 I want to run back to #1. Even when I am playing bad, I enjoy myself because I love every hole.

So, for me it certainly is more difficult. If given ten rounds, I would play ten on the second and zero on the first.

You are probably asking - "why are you even a member at the first?" There are a lot of compelling reasons to belong, but the first ten aren't the architecture...
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 04:28:05 PM by Chris Hufnagel »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back