News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Greg Tallman

Re: An open thank you letter
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2012, 06:58:54 PM »
This topic is not complete without the photo of Ben & Co. greeting each player on the opening tee. 

Gene Greco

« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2012, 08:56:40 PM »
Great, great stuff, Ben.

Congratulations.

Gene
"...I don't believe it is impossible to build a modern course as good as Pine Valley.  To me, Sand Hills is just as good as Pine Valley..."    TOM DOAK  November 6th, 2010

Jason Hines

« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2012, 09:24:18 PM »
Thanks Ben, the story alone is worth the trip.  Cannot wait for the course profile/photos before I make the trip in person.

Jason Hines

Mike Nuzzo

« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2012, 01:56:25 AM »
This topic is not complete without the photo of Ben & Co. greeting each player on the opening tee. 

There are some very good pics on twitter.
None of Ben yet.
I'm sure he is very busy and hopefully a little tipsy!
Cheers
Thinking of Bob, Rihc, Bill, George, Neil, Dr. Childs, & Tiger.

Sean Walsh

« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2012, 02:26:53 AM »
Congratulations Ben.

Now if you could just arrange to move it 12,000km to the south west.

Greg Beaulieu

« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2012, 08:29:43 AM »

None of Ben yet.
Cheers

Eamon Lynch, of Golf Magazine, posted one of Ben and Mike K. greeting folks at #1 tee.

https://twitter.com/eamonlynch/status/218711152778149888/photo/1/large

Don Hyslop

« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2012, 01:47:33 PM »
Congrats to Ben and all other who helped make this dream a reality. I was there last July for the opening of the preview 10 holes and it was a marvelous day. The town was abuzz with excitement. Hope to get back before fall. If you want to see some great shots of the holes, take the tour on the Cabot Links website. There are some beautiful photos.

Thompson golf holes were created to look as if they had always been there and were always meant to be there.

Michael Essig

« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2012, 09:24:47 PM »
All I can say is congratulations, not for building a golf course, but for following your dreams and surrounding yourself with the love and support of people that could assist you in making the dream come true. The fact that your dream was a golf course only makes it that much more special for the people on this site.  Cheers to Ben and to everyone.

John Kirk

« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2012, 09:35:24 PM »
I just spent a few minutes and looked around a the website and its pictures.  Everything, from the golf course, to the accommodations and the concise walking layout look just right.

Congratulations Ben, Rod, Mike and all others involved.

Yannick Pilon

« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2012, 08:20:43 AM »
As someone who had the chance to see the site before dirt was pushed around on it, and who even worked on a routing for it back in 1997 (Geez, I feel old now!), I am absolutely convinced that in the hands of such a talented team of dreamers, backers, thinkers, builders and operators, this project will no doubt be a huge success.

Cape Breton is a special place that just got a whole lot more special thanks to this project.

I'm looking forward to playing the course.

YP
www.yannickpilongolf.com - Golf Course Architecture, Quebec, Canada

Brett_Morrissy

« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2012, 08:14:53 PM »
Ben & Co,

Sincere CONGRATUALTIONS to you and all the team, the community and your supportive families and friends, a great achievement to realise your dreams and goals, wishing you the best of luck with the next part! ...and first I've heard of Cabot Cliffs, wishing you well with this stage as well.

Cheers
Brett
@theflatsticker

Tom Forsythe

« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2012, 11:05:13 PM »
Congratulations Ben and Company.  I look forward to getting back to Cape Breton one of these days to see this fabulous property.

George Pazin

« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2012, 03:11:32 PM »

None of Ben yet.
Cheers

Eamon Lynch, of Golf Magazine, posted one of Ben and Mike K. greeting folks at #1 tee.

https://twitter.com/eamonlynch/status/218711152778149888/photo/1/large

Thanks for posting the pic, Ben is looking fit!

I can get some Cabot golf shirts cheap if anyone's interested... :) (Kidding, I wouldn't do that, especially to Ben & Co.)
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

JC Urbina

« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2012, 05:29:27 PM »
Most people can not fathom how hard it is to start with a vision and then carry it through.  I have often said the hardest part of designing and building the golf course is finishing it.

Ben, as many on this web site have said you have pulled off one of the most challenging feats of all time.  With the help of many of the people you listed in your letter,  Cabot Links will surely rank among the best walking golf courses in Canada and throughout the U.S.

When I first stepped on the teeing ground for the Cape Hole and saw the boats bobbing in the water directly behind the green I was convinced that this would be a special place.  I understand that one hole does not make a golf course but listening to you and Rod talk about the routing and going through the steps in the creation of the entire golf course I knew it was sure to be a winner.  Having Mike around with his calming influence was surely a plus, but in the end your energy to do what ever it takes is the real genius of the success of Cabot Links and that influence will be long lasting.

I am happy for you and the entire crew and hope that Cabot Links is everything you thought it could be.

Steve Lang

« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2012, 09:06:43 PM »
 8) Congrats Ben, on a road well travelled... hope to see you this summer

Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

Bryan Izatt

« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2012, 10:22:32 PM »
Congratulations Ben et al.  These are tough times to be doing start-up ventures.  I wish you all the best.

To see what all the fuss is about we've just driven two and half days from Toronto.  Teeing up tomorrow with my wife at 3:10.  Maybe the first to play the royal blue tees (my wife that is).

Mike_Young

« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2012, 12:09:53 AM »
Congrats Ben...all the best....
"just standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona"

paul cowley

« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2012, 09:12:38 AM »
Congratulations Ben and all involved. I hope to drive up soon.
paul cowley...golf course architect/asgca

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back