News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Anders Rytter

Re: Ardglass (Northern Ireland) - Photos
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2012, 03:40:45 PM »
Anders,

Yes, I remember the little hole, 17. I wish I had a picture of it.

Are the new holes 9, 10 and 11? or are there 4 new holes including 12 or did I play 12?  12 seems kind of familiar.

1-5 seems like the holes I played. I remember a structure I believe that is near 7 and 8 now. 6 seems kind of familiar but I am not sure where the routing went from there. On my card 11 was lengthened so I wonder if 11 was the beginning of what is now #12. 8 now I think was 10 in my play so that would suggest my #9 is now #7 and you say. But where is "my" 7 and 8 the par 5 and the par 4? 13 today I think is my old 12. 14 is my old 13. 15 is my old 14. 16 is my old 15 I think. 17 is my old 16. My old 17 is gone.  18 is my old 18.

I am missing something in that my 6-8 holes area. I wonder if "my" 8th is now the 6th. But where would "my" 6 and 7 have been? Or are they the current 9 and 11? But those have to be the new holes.

I just can't figure out exactly where it was.  Ughhhhhhhhh.
It was 16 years ago when I played and I just don't remember it all sadly. I wish I could find that strokesaver.

Im not sure wether 12 is new. Ed has it on his old routing, but it is a little weird that it can have been way shorter. Its a drop shot par three and i think the tee is fairly close to the edge.

There is a house between 7th green and 8th tee, probably the structure you remember

From 7th tee the long par 3 (~200m)

my best guess would be that you played the abandonned holes between 5th/4th and 16th after the 5th. and then 6th and 7th  as 8th 9th.

I haven't got any pictures of the piece of the property where the abandonned holes were nor of 16th
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 03:43:00 PM by Anders Rytter »

Anders Rytter

« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2012, 04:28:04 PM »
Just found these pretty cool pictures

Wasn't current 18th original?

2nd tee is probably farily old!

Ed Oden

« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2012, 10:46:56 AM »
Anders, I believe the first two pictures in your previous post were taken below the ridgeline on the 1st hole.  The 18th hole is probably up above it to the left.  Looks to me like the bank of the ridge was left as tall grass rather than the fairway/rough cut as currently maintained. 

The last photo is from the first tee, not the second.  I take back my earlier suggestion that the 2nd hole is new since I believe I now see the green on the other side of the cliffs in the 2003 Google Earth image.  Makes me wonder, however, what the green I noted as the 2nd in my previous post was used for.  Maybe the old NLE par 3 17th hole had multiple green sites at various points in time?

FYI to anyone interested, here is a complete set of photos... http://www.flickr.com/photos/eko_gfl/sets/72157630442850780/show/ 

Anders Rytter

« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2012, 11:12:35 AM »
Anders, I believe the first two pictures in your previous post were taken below the ridgeline on the 1st hole.  The 18th hole is probably up above it to the left.  Looks to me like the bank of the ridge was left as tall grass rather than the fairway/rough cut as currently maintained. 

The last photo is from the first tee, not the second.  I take back my earlier suggestion that the 2nd hole is new since I believe I now see the green on the other side of the cliffs in the 2003 Google Earth image.  Makes me wonder, however, what the green I noted as the 2nd in my previous post was used for.  Maybe the old NLE par 3 17th hole had multiple green sites at various points in time?

FYI to anyone interested, here is a complete set of photos... http://www.flickr.com/photos/eko_gfl/sets/72157630442850780/show/ 

Thanks for clarifying Ed

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back