News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Bryan Izatt

Best Golf View from the Office Window
« on: July 04, 2012, 11:27:21 PM »

This one has to rate pretty high.  What a wonderful job this must be to have this view from your office window.

Tiger_Bernhardt

Re: Best Golf View from the Office Window
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 12:39:22 AM »
LA CC has views from the Playboy Mansion as well as some high rises offices on Wilshire blvd.  I am guessing there are some office views of TOC as well.

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 12:41:17 AM »
There is nice office complex of 2 or 3 stories overlooking Metairie CC in Metairie La.

Sam Morrow

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 12:44:41 AM »
There is nice office complex of 2 or 3 stories overlooking Metairie CC in Metairie La.

Seems like they are behind the tee on punchbowl, right?

Tim_Cronin

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 11:01:42 AM »
Peter Dawson's office has a great view. Of course, who could get any work done looking out the window at a golf course?
The website: www.illinoisgolfer.net
On Twitter: @illinoisgolfer

Mark_Rowlinson

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, 01:32:46 PM »
I've never been so lucky as to have an office overlooking a golf course, but I used to have one looking down into the main rehearsal studio of Northern Ballet. As they got nearer to production of a show they wore their full costumes for rehearsal and it was a beautiful sight. I stood there for ours gazing!

However, one morning a girl came into the hall in her leotard and settled into a splits position, not fore and aft, but sideways with her back to the wall. I was in agony just seeing her. But then she started slowly bending her upper body forwards, keeping her back and neck utterly straight, until she touched the floor with her nose. Then she raised her back slowly until she was once again in contact with the wall. She did this a number of times. It was terrifying to witness and I had to leave the office!

Simon Holt

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2012, 02:00:54 PM »
I mainly work from home in North Berwick.  I am not ashamed to show off and say one window looks out over Redan and the other looks straight down the 16th green (Biarritz)

My new office at 'work' will look down the 9th hole (soon to be 6th) at Renaissance, over to Muirfield, with the Firth of Forth and Edinburgh in background.

Lucky boy.
2011 highlights- Royal Aberdeen, Loch Lomond, Moray Old, NGLA (always a pleasure), Muirfield Village, Saucon Valley, watching the new holes coming along at The Renaissance Club.

Simon Holt

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2012, 02:03:30 PM »
Today I had a meeting with a good pal who is the FD at the R&A.  His window is one floor up, and the one to the left of the Big Room.  Now that is a great golf view.
2011 highlights- Royal Aberdeen, Loch Lomond, Moray Old, NGLA (always a pleasure), Muirfield Village, Saucon Valley, watching the new holes coming along at The Renaissance Club.

George Pazin

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2012, 02:15:41 PM »
I've never been so lucky as to have an office overlooking a golf course, but I used to have one looking down into the main rehearsal studio of Northern Ballet. As they got nearer to production of a show they wore their full costumes for rehearsal and it was a beautiful sight. I stood there for ours gazing!

However, one morning a girl came into the hall in her leotard and settled into a splits position, not fore and aft, but sideways with her back to the wall. I was in agony just seeing her. But then she started slowly bending her upper body forwards, keeping her back and neck utterly straight, until she touched the floor with her nose. Then she raised her back slowly until she was once again in contact with the wall. She did this a number of times. It was terrifying to witness and I had to leave the office!

:) I once employed a natural beauty who provided similar distractions, though you couldn't stare for hours, unless you wanted a lawsuit. She was a dancer, too.

Simon, I am envious.

I know you can see the Statue of Liberty from the two new courses in north Jersey, but can you see them from the offices of a skyscraper in Manhattan?
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

George Pazin

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2012, 02:40:52 PM »
View from Simon's office:

Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Bryan Izatt

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2012, 10:33:13 PM »
I'm kind of liking Simon's view.  The first picture I posted is from (very near) Ben's office at Cabot Links.  It's much more panoramic than the picture shows.

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2012, 01:45:19 AM »
Peter Dawson's view must be spectacular.  If he get's tired of that he can turn around and gaze at the original of MacKenzie's map.
Let's make GCA grate again!

Bruce Katona

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2012, 09:41:41 AM »
One of my former work partners office was located in an old converted barn, with a view of the tee, landing area and green of a dogleg par 5 at the course we managed. 

He said after a while he hardly remembered to look out the window.  Every time I visited the view distracted me.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back