News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Keith OHalloran

Way OT Denver airport
« on: June 13, 2012, 10:14:40 AM »
Sorry for the OT, but I thought I might find some help here. I am arriving at the Denver airport Friday night, and staying at an airport hotel. I am going to rent a car on Saturday morning to head to the prairie. Question is, is there anything to do near the airport in terms of food\drink? I do not want to take a car service all the way to the city. Thanks in advance. PM would b fine.

Brad Tufts

Re: Way OT Denver airport
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 10:38:41 AM »
Not alot...the city is like 15-20 miles away.  Might be worth getting some food on the walk off the Plane.

I think there is a grouping of hotels near the airport that may have something of the Chili's/TX Roadhouse variety.
So I jump ship in Hong Kong....

jeffwarne

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 10:43:08 AM »
depending on what time you leave the last day, that car may not cost anymore to pick up 12 hours earlier
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 10:51:49 AM by jeffwarne »
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

Bill_McBride

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 10:48:19 AM »
Good luck Keith.  I spent the last night of a Ballyneal trip there and drove around for an hour before finally eating at a generic Asian fusion joint.  Dismal.

Kalen Braley

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 12:08:22 PM »
I would second the suggestion to just get dinner at the Airport and stick around there.....hell they even have a Wolf Gang Puck diner in terminal B, so the food isn't half bad.

Alex Miller

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 03:21:36 PM »

Pete Balzer

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012, 03:25:49 PM »
Ted Montana's Grill is at the end of Pena Blvd, about 10 miles from airport.

A great stop on the way to Nebraska for dinner is the Atwood Steak House, one exit west of Sterling.Located directly off the exit ramp.

Carl Nichols

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2012, 03:34:45 PM »
Not alot...the city is like 15-20 miles away.  Might be worth getting some food on the walk off the Plane.

I think there is a grouping of hotels near the airport that may have something of the Chili's/TX Roadhouse variety.

Closer to 25 miles to downtown, and it feels farther.

Howard Riefs

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2012, 03:49:53 PM »
In this case, "OT" can stand for outta town.
"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

Matthew Rose

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2012, 04:19:40 PM »
If you get a craving for pizza on the way to Nebraska, stop at Valentino's in Ogallala or North Platte.

My all time favorite :)
American-Australian. Trackman Course Guy. Fatalistic sports fan. Drummer. Bass player. Father. Cat lover.

Sam Morrow

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2012, 07:10:22 PM »
When I was there about 5 years there was very little, I was staying at The Embassy Suites and ate in their bar. It was a long drive back to town.

JC Jones

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2012, 07:21:55 PM »
This is an odd thread as Keith usually orders his food AND his entertainment to his room.
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

Sam Morrow

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2012, 07:23:26 PM »
This is an odd thread as Keith usually orders his food AND his entertainment to his room.

Outcall rates for a hooker to go from Denver to the airport is out of control, feels like you're the one getting screwed.

Keith OHalloran

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2012, 07:24:17 PM »
Plus, I am headed to Hooker county!

JC Jones

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2012, 07:24:30 PM »

Outcall rates for a hooker to go from Denver to the airport is out of control, feels like you're the one getting screwed.

I heard Keith was into that.
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

Sam Morrow

« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2012, 07:25:03 PM »
Plus, I am headed to Hooker county!

Who is your partner for 5th Major?

David_Elvins

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2012, 07:40:01 PM »
The New World Order has a secret underground bunker at Denver Airport, doesn't it?  Might be worth checking out, although might require some serious access whoring. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsbNKHnzWlQ
Ask not what GolfClubAtlas can do for you; ask what you can do for GolfClubAtlas.

Sam Morrow

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2012, 07:41:50 PM »
The New World Order has a secret underground bunker at Denver Airport, doesn't it?  Might be worth checking out, although might require some serious access whoring. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsbNKHnzWlQ

That's true, Prince William is taking half the world and Rick Perry is taking the other. Halliburton is building a causway from California to China.  All sounds legit.

Mike Benham

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2012, 10:28:34 PM »

I say skip the hotel, go to the Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World just outside of Denver, sneak into a tent in the camping department and bingo, free lodging for the night ...

"... and I liked the guy ..."

Keith OHalloran

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2012, 10:37:15 PM »
Do they have a beer Segway girl?

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2012, 06:23:37 PM »
I would pick up the rental car when you land. It is sea of small hotels out there. there are some with places to eat and watch sports and most all have some sort of eats onsite but nothing great by airport.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back