News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Angela Moser

Golf @ Bethpage black, who joins?
« on: June 13, 2012, 07:26:36 AM »
Hi everyone!

As part of my visit to NY I would love to play Bethpage black. Since I am not a NY resident it is pretty complicated to really get on it beside camping there. So, my question is: Is there someone out there who wants to play a round of golf at Bethpage black on June 28th? I need a tee-time  ???

cheers!!!

PCCraig

Re: Golf @ Bethpage black, who joins?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 08:19:16 AM »
Hi everyone!

As part of my visit to NY I would love to play Bethpage black. Since I am not a NY resident it is pretty complicated to really get on it beside camping there. So, my question is: Is there someone out there who wants to play a round of golf at Bethpage black on June 28th? I need a tee-time  ???

cheers!!!

Angela,

The process is certainly "easier" to get a tee time if you're with a NY resident. However, if you're not and have the time to spare in order to get there the evening before, camping out is pretty fun and a unique part of the experience.
H.P.S.

SteveOgulukian

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 08:24:57 AM »
I would help you if I could but I already played the Black this month and they only allow 1 reservation per month.

Matt Bosela

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 09:10:44 AM »
Angela,

I'm pretty sure that if you are a single, you'll be able to find a game just by showing up sometime in the morning, especially if it's a weekday.  You can check the computer terminals inside the clubhouse and I'm quite certain there will be a bunch of two or three balls at some point during the day. 

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 01:45:23 PM »
Email the parks department (use the web to find the proper info) and explain your situation. They are pretty helpful, as long as you get the Bethpage golf guardians' precise email address.
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Angela Moser

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 09:31:35 PM »
Thank you very much guys... unfortunately I'm not a single since I want to play golf with my brother. Maybe I can check those computer things inside the clubhouse when I take a day off next week.

Do you have any recommendation for a close, affordable and nice hotel/b&b?

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012, 09:36:40 PM »
Four Points By Sheraton in Plainview was great for us, about 15 minutes from the park/courses.
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Keith OHalloran

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2012, 09:55:00 PM »
Angela, if you do a search for "Hilton Farmingdale" you I'll get 3 results. One is on Round Swamp Road, which the course is on, and one is on Route 110, which is also close and will have a ton of restaurants etc on it.

Chris DeNigris

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2012, 10:55:50 PM »
Angela,

You can always stay in a Hilton... but how many times will you have a chance to hang out in the car line at Bethpage, sleep on your backseat, and be the first group off on the Black?  Don't miss that experience  :)

The three or 4 hours hanging around the complex the night before is very cool. Even after a half dozen times it doesn't get old for me.

astavrides

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2012, 01:27:57 AM »
As of a couple years ago, you could get a reservation ID number and then try to call and make reservations.  Call the main number for info on that.  Not sure if all that can be accomplished before June 28.  It is not hard to get reservations as a single, but a twosome might be difficult. 

Mark Johnson

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2012, 07:49:20 PM »
If you go, make sure to play Red as well.

I like that course just as well.  Its 18th is arguable the best hole on the property.

Richard Choi

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2012, 07:56:51 PM »

Tim Martin

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2012, 08:12:16 PM »
Angela, if you do a search for "Hilton Farmingdale" you I'll get 3 results. One is on Round Swamp Road, which the course is on, and one is on Route 110, which is also close and will have a ton of restaurants etc on it.

Keith-What about churches and local charities in the area? What does etc refer to?

Jason Connor

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2012, 08:48:26 AM »
Out of staters can use the reservation system the night before, right?

Here's what I've done successfully twice:

the night before just call in use the phone system and ask for 2 on black.  It'll probably say none.
But just keep doing this every 5 minutes.  Eventually someone will cancel and you'll scoop up the opening.

It's tedious, but at least you can sit in your living room reading while doing it.  Beats sleeping in your car.

And it's worked for me.
We discovered that in good company there is no such thing as a bad golf course.  - James Dodson

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back