News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ed Brzezowski

Pound Ridge
« on: June 07, 2012, 07:40:04 PM »
Going up to the Travelers next week and a few of us are stopping to play here.

Any thoughts?  Worth it or overhyped ?
We have a pool and a pond, the pond would be good for you.

Tim Martin

Re: Pound Ridge
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 07:46:29 PM »
Ed-There is at least one thread on this already. Seems like an awful lot of $ to torture yourself.

Ed Brzezowski

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 07:52:09 PM »
Sorry, still getting the hang of this site. Round is free, so as my family motto says, if it's free gimme three.

David_Elvins

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 08:02:09 PM »
Ed,

I don't think it is overhyped around here, if these threads are anything to go by!

http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,44901.0.html

http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,35452.0.html
Ask not what GolfClubAtlas can do for you; ask what you can do for GolfClubAtlas.

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2012, 12:08:08 AM »
Ed,

When I've played it, I found it overly punishing.

The rough was far, far too penal.

If they haven't modified it, they should.

Good luck and let us know your thoughts after you play it

Ed Brzezowski

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2012, 08:41:15 AM »
Will do Sir,  I hover about an 7-9 cap and was told to take a few exrta sleeves. Not a good thought to go into the round with.

Are you from the philly area, I read you have played all the good ones down here.
ed

Ross Harmon

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2012, 03:51:12 PM »
Ed,

I'll be there on the 23rd, any chance that's when you'll be there?

Matt Kardash

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2012, 04:01:51 PM »
I have never played it but I have seen pics. I'd say if you go into this round knowing the fact that this is really more of a Perry Dye course, rather than Pete Dye, it might seem less dissapointing. If you had to pay full price I wouldn't be telling you that!  :P
the interviewer asked beck how he felt "being the bob dylan of the 90's" and beck quitely responded "i actually feel more like the bon jovi of the 60's"

Ed Brzezowski

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2012, 07:15:04 PM »
Ed,

I'll be there on the 23rd, any chance that's when you'll be there?
Sorry wednesday the 20th, great thought however

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2012, 11:26:21 PM »
Will do Sir,  I hover about an 7-9 cap and was told to take a few exrta sleeves. Not a good thought to go into the round with.

Are you from the philly area, I read you have played all the good ones down here.

Ed,

I'm from Northern NJ, but, I do venture down to the Philly area from time to time to check up on TEPaul at Happydale Farms.

I told his dear folks that I'd look after and guide him, but, sad to say, to date, I've done a very poor job, based upon the results.

Have you read his "layed out" or "laid" thread.

I guess those words have a different meaning in Philly than they do in Northern NJ.

"Layed out" is an expression used by the characters on the "Sopranos"

"Laid" is a term used on "Jersey Shore", even though they're from Staten Island ;D

Ed Brzezowski

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2012, 10:03:10 AM »
Pat,
That came to my mind immediately , however I suffered through 16 years of Catholic education. Quite a unique group down here.
Ed

Tim Gavrich

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2012, 04:29:10 PM »
Pound Ridge is unrelentingly difficult, but there are nonetheless some cool holes. It can certainly be debated whether those holes are "good," but they're interesting.  The course should be in very, very good shape at any rate.
Senior Writer, GolfPass

Ed Brzezowski

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2012, 12:09:40 PM »
Well played it Wednesday and what a track. Once my camera drys out I can post some pics if anyone is interested.
Played in 100 degree heat and the last two holes are a bit of a blurr but all in all, a real tester.

Opened par, par, par and then started missing fairways by a few feet. Those few feet can ruin a good round. The longer grasses were dryed out but finding a ball was still a chore. Took away any chance of going for the green, if you found the ball.

I would love to see the form ones from the rating team since every fairway seemed to have stance issues. Yes some contained a drive that was not perfect but the others had shots bounding in to the hayfields. Green complexes were a chipping and putting adventure for those whos skills are less than perfect. The St. Andrews putt from 20-30 feet off was a good shot to know.

The final par three was a nice shot and visually stunning, imvho. Played at 130 and the flag blended into the rock, might have been heat stroke?? The green there was 12 paces in depth, a tough location and a nice hole. Green was just misted down so the speed was still about 10-11.

Last two holes were nice but I was feeling the heat.
 I cannot wait to go back for a replay since it is the type of course where knowing where to place the ball can save you several strokes.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back