News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Michael Blake

Don't know if this has been posted already but,

For those of you who can't wait until the Crump Cup in Sept to see Pine Valley, you can see the course on Monday 7/23 for the Philadelphia Open.  It will open it's doors to the public.

Last time the Open was there you had to purchase tickets, so I assume the same for this year.

Hopefully Chris Roselle will chime in with info.

Mark McKeever

I am attempting to qualify on July 2nd at Bellewood.  Is anyone else trying to play in?

Mark
Best MGA showers - Bayonne

"Dude, he's a total d***"

Stephen Davis

I am attempting to qualify on July 2nd at Bellewood.  Is anyone else trying to play in?

Mark
What is the usual cut to make the event?

Ed Brzezowski

I heard yesterday 600 players tried to qualify. wow
We have a pool and a pond, the pond would be good for you.

Mark McKeever

Historically something in the low 70's is needed.  Due to popular demand, I assume under 70 will be needed at most sites.

Mark

archie_struthers

:-[ :P :)

Mark, I'm giving it a go at Woodcrest in the qualifier. Grew up across the street and caddied there from 11 to 17 years old. Game is improving but will need all the home cooking advantage to slip into the pearly gates at PVGC for the open .  

Woodcrest, a neat very very tight Flynn course in Cherry Hill , NJ  if there was ever a place for TEP to make a comeback to competitive golf, a qualifier here might be the ticket!

« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 08:34:03 PM by archie_struthers »

Mark Steffey

*sigh*

registration closed TWO DAYS AGO!!!!   this is a thread i could have enjoyed last week! :)

Chris Roselle

Over 600 players will via for the 42 qualifying positions at the four local qualifiers...  Unbelievable...  We are putting the final touches on the spectator policy and ticket availability.  Check out www.gapgolf.org in the coming weeks regarding information about the event...

Ed Brzezowski

Over 600 players will via for the 42 qualifying positions at the four local qualifiers...  Unbelievable...  We are putting the final touches on the spectator policy and ticket availability.  Check out www.gapgolf.org in the coming weeks regarding information about the event...

I hear GCA/GAP guys get the best volunteer positions?? I do not want port o potty checker  !!!!

Mark McKeever

I hear GCA/GAP guys get the best volunteer positions?? I do not want port o potty checker  !!!!

Doug B., I hope you will have a better job than that!

Mark

Joe Bausch

Re: Philadelphia Open @ Pine Valley 7/23/2012-open for public to watch
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2012, 04:30:34 PM »
Mark, if you qualify for the tourney, I'll caddy for you at PV.  Or I know a good caddy out in Lancaster.   ;)
@jwbausch (for new photo albums)
The site for the Cobb's Creek project:  https://cobbscreek.org/
Nearly all Delaware Valley golf courses in photo albums: Bausch Collection

Chris Roselle

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2012, 04:47:01 PM »
Here is what you all have been asking about...Any questions let me know...should be a great day...setting up the course over the weekend before the event...let's hope we have some decent weather

http://www.gapgolf.org/charts.asp?sfile=static/archive/2012_philadelphia_open_championship_spectator_info.html

Doug Braunsdorf

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2012, 04:49:29 PM »

Doug B., I hope you will have a better job than that!

Mark

Don't give Roselle any ideas, please...
"Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction."

Chris Roselle

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2012, 04:54:56 PM »
Mark, if you qualify for the tourney, I'll caddy for you at PV.  Or I know a good caddy out in Lancaster.   ;)

Joe, I believe players will only be allowed to take Pine Valley GC caddies...

Dan Herrmann

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2012, 07:30:16 PM »
I went to the Philly Open the last time it was at PV.  What an amazing day!  Highly recommended!

Brian Colbert

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2012, 07:35:56 PM »
I'll be playing in case anyone would like to watch a GCA'er other than McKeever give it a go! Roselle don't screw me with the pairings!

No promises that I'll break 80 though  :)

Chris Roselle

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2012, 09:23:18 PM »
Brian, any pairing complaints are directed towards Mr. Martin.  He does all the dirty work.  I could see you out early because you don't waste any time.

Brian Colbert

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2012, 09:47:39 PM »
Brian, any pairing complaints are directed towards Mr. Martin.  He does all the dirty work.  I could see you out early because you don't waste any time.

As long as my pairing is at PV and not Trump Philly across the street I'll be happy!

Mark McKeever

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2012, 07:30:11 AM »
Brian,

Perhaps being paired with someone from the ACE club would work out?   :)

Mark

Ed Brzezowski

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2012, 10:00:58 AM »
Any ideas as to what time the first group goes out Chris??

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2012, 12:25:03 PM »
It will be interesting to see how the course is set-up.

Will it be reasonable or over the top ?

Will Mother Nature co-operate ?
July 23rd can be a very difficult time, weather wise.

It will be interesting to observe club selection and how certain holes will be played by high caliber golfers, especially in light of modern day distance.

Holes # 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 8, 11, 12, 13 and 15 would be of the greatest interest to me.

It would be great if there was a statistical analysis regarding clubs hit on each hole and scoring.

If the weather co-operates it should be a terrific event and PV should be commended for hosting the tournament.

Chris Roselle

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2012, 03:52:25 PM »
Any ideas as to what time the first group goes out Chris??

Ed, the first groups will tee off #1 & #9 starting at 7am.

Chris Roselle

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2012, 04:10:28 PM »
It will be interesting to see how the course is set-up.

Will it be reasonable or over the top ?

Will Mother Nature co-operate ?
July 23rd can be a very difficult time, weather wise.

It will be interesting to observe club selection and how certain holes will be played by high caliber golfers, especially in light of modern day distance.

Holes # 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 8, 11, 12, 13 and 15 would be of the greatest interest to me.

It would be great if there was a statistical analysis regarding clubs hit on each hole and scoring.

If the weather co-operates it should be a terrific event and PV should be commended for hosting the tournament.

Patrick, if the weather cooperates I'm sure PV will play like it always,fair but a true test of all that is required out of a top notch amateur or pro.  The last time we were there I believe 4 over was the winning score over 36 holes (we had a playoff between John Applegate and John DiMarco).  Course setup will be dictated by the weather we get and the wind.  You'll be able to see course stats on our website.

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2012, 01:42:57 AM »
Chris,

That's great

It would be great if "shot link" type info could be available.

I'll be playing there right before the event and will get to experience the conditions for myself

Chris Roselle

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2012, 06:20:32 AM »
Chris,

That's great

It would be great if "shot link" type info could be available.

I'll be playing there right before the event and will get to experience the conditions for myself

I am playing it the day before and then we set it up the afternoon.  We already have a good idea what we are going to do but the round on Sunday will be confirmation.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back