News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tom Ferrell

The Return of Clear Creek Tahoe
« on: March 28, 2013, 10:44:04 AM »
Folks -

There's been some talk and speculation recently about the status of Clear Creek Tahoe.  I am happy to say that I can now provide some concrete details regarding the project.

Last summer, a group including Arendale Hospitality purchased Clear Creek Tahoe out of foreclosure - the group is in the process of finalizing its purchase of the real estate as well, and there is much news to come on that front.  I can certainly say that the incredible fundamentals of this project - its convenient location (40 minutes from Reno-Tahoe Int'l Airport via recently completed I580 highway), spectacular beauty, Nevada tax advantages and well executed infrastructure, architectural style and experience - are now supported by a much more favorable economic climate and that the new ownership group is energized and eager.

During its closure, Textron did provide basic turfgrass maintenance.  Last fall, Coore & Crenshaw returned to reclaim bunkers that had washed out and overgrown.  New superintendent Mike Cunniff (formerly ass't at Old Sandwich) has worked around the calendar toward restoring fast and firm conditions.  He and his team have already greatly enhanced playability by removing much of the bitterbrush choking the transition zones from fairway to roughs.

C&C is now overseeing the removal of more than 180 trees to reclaim some width and provide better agronomic conditions for some greens and surrounds.  New tees - primarily forward tees but at least two new back tees as well - are also going in and fairways expanded in a couple of areas.

Opening Day is May 18.  We have launched a new website @ www.clearcreektahoe.com

The club will remain private.  During the two-year Preview period in 2013-14, the membership program will reflect a desire to form a strong nucleus for the club and to encourage member and guest play.  I am happy to answer any questions regarding membership via PM or email, or you can follow the Membership link on the website.

This is very exciting to me.  I have had the great opportunity to work with a number of excellent properties and many C&C facilities.  Clear Creek Tahoe is unique in that its stunning alpine environment would almost seem to preclude a truly great, walkable and strategically engaging golf course.  But the highly interesting "saddle" landform that the course occupies provided a canvas for a golf course with those qualities.

I will keep you all posted as more news develops. 

In the meantime, here is the killer little pitch-shot par-3 17th.  It's just a wedge, but the green contains five distinct target areas, and none is easy to hit!

Patrick Kiser

Re: The Return of Clear Creek Tahoe
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 11:10:09 AM »
Tom,

This is fantastic news.  I absolutely love this place and it was a special venue for the KP a few years back.  I wish the club and everyone involved the very best ahead.

Cheers!
“One natural hazard, however, which is more
or less of a nuisance, is water. Water hazards
absolutely prohibit the recovery shot, perhaps
the best shot in the game.” —William Flynn, golf
course architect

Kyle Henderson

Re: The Return of Clear Creek Tahoe
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 11:34:18 AM »
Easily one of my 10 favorite places to play. I echo Kiser's sentiments completely. Thank goodness this gem has been resurrected!
"I always knew terrorists hated us for our freedom. Now they love us for our bondage." -- Stephen T. Colbert discusses the popularity of '50 Shades of Grey' at Gitmo

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back