News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Bill_McBride

Re: KP 2012 is next week! More info
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2012, 11:57:24 AM »
Bob is away on a very important boondoggle for the next few days so any questions should likely be directed to me.  Anyone who hasn't sent me their index/factor should do so now.

13.0 and not proud.

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2012, 12:07:12 PM »
My handicap is 11.5, but there is a revision on June 1st.

Even though Sagebrush is a semi-desert, here's the 15 day forecast. Plan and pack accordingly
http://www.myforecast.com/bin/expanded_forecast_15day.m?city=107084&metric=false

Michael Essig

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2012, 12:15:44 PM »

It's always fun to see old friends on arrival night at a GCA event.   The Quilchena Hotel sounds perfect.  Please check your guns at the bar.

I remember one year in Rye, England when I told a particularly offensive lawyer joke in a pseudo-Italian restaurant......

Bill, do you know why, when lawyers die, they are buried 24' deep?  Because deep down, they are all nice guys.

I look forward to meeting all of you at KP.

Michael Essig

« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2012, 12:44:59 PM »
Sorry, for these questions, I am new to this.  Are we walking or riding?  And is it 36 on Saturday, or was that just for some people?  Lastly, if you are sending this type of info out later, just ignore me and I will wait for the broadcast email to participants.  I will be at the Quilchena by about 7 on Friday, so I look forward to meeting all in the restaurant or bar.  Cheers!

Kalen Braley

« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2012, 12:48:31 PM »
Hey All,

All prodding aside it should be a good fun spirited match.  I'm currently a 14.2 but am moving in the wrong direction.  In my 8 rounds this year I've shot seven rounds in the low 90s but have yet to break 90 this year.(You can confirm this on Ghin).  But given Garlands recent affilictions, I still gotta figure i'm the favorite.

So hence the pronouncement!!   ;D

P.S. After the next revision on June 1st I'll probably be a 15. 

P.P.S.  If we're matched up twice on this trip its fine by me...we could have Grudge match 3 and 4 on the same weekend and then the overall series would be back to AS! :)

Will MacEwen

« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2012, 03:49:42 PM »
Sorry, for these questions, I am new to this.  Are we walking or riding?  And is it 36 on Saturday, or was that just for some people?  Lastly, if you are sending this type of info out later, just ignore me and I will wait for the broadcast email to participants.  I will be at the Quilchena by about 7 on Friday, so I look forward to meeting all in the restaurant or bar.  Cheers!

At Sagebrush I imagine everyone will be in carts.  I always ride there and they may be the only rounds I ride all year.

Sat am practice round, Sat pm will be a KP round.  Sunday is singles followed by foursomes.

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2012, 04:56:04 PM »
Will,
Two non-Sagebrush questions.  Do you know the tee times blocked out for usMonday at Marine Drive? And, do we need to make reservations for the ferry to Victoria, and if so where on line?

Ted Harris

« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2012, 12:31:00 AM »
Pete

I don't know if a Ferry reservation is needed on a Monday evening ? Wouldn't seem likely

Will MacEwen

Re: KP 2012 is next week! More info - TEAMS ANNOUNCED
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2012, 11:24:29 AM »
Subject to some minor tweaks, corrections, etc:

NORTH

Captain Peter Pittock
Bob Jenkins
Jordan Wall
Rich Choi
Sandy Smith
Garland Bayley
Bob McGhie
Ryan Admussen
Michael Essig

SOUTH

Captain Pete Lavallee
Dale Jackson
Victor Santodomingo
John Kirk
Kalen Braley
Michael Halvorson
Bill McBride
Ted Harris
Will MacEwen

Still waiting confirmation on a couple of entrants.

Garland Bayley

« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2012, 11:25:05 AM »
Since Pete was concerned about my handicap, I thought I would report that the OGA informs me today that it is 20.5.

Play it hole-by-hole
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2012, 11:32:53 AM »
My handicap dropped slightly to 11.2.

Pete Lavallee

« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2012, 11:38:28 AM »
My index, as of June 1, is 8.6.
"...one inoculated with the virus must swing a golf-club or perish."  Robert Hunter

Michael Essig

« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2012, 11:43:29 AM »
Since Pete was concerned about my handicap, I thought I would report that the OGA informs me today that it is 20.5.

Play it hole-by-hole

Let some ribbing begin.

Really, 20.5?  ??? That is like saying I am 50.5 years old.  At some point, doesn't the .5 just not matter?  ;D  The first drink is on me Garland.  I assume that will be a 1/2 pint for you? ;D  I look forward to meeting you on Friday.  Cheers.

Garland Bayley

« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2012, 12:01:17 PM »

Play it hole-by-hole

Let some ribbing begin.

Really, 20.5?  ??? That is like saying I am 50.5 years old.  At some point, doesn't the .5 just not matter?  ;D  The first drink is on me Garland.  I assume that will be a 1/2 pint for you? ;D  I look forward to meeting you on Friday.  Cheers.

You want to do some ribbing? Kalen is a 15.3. We have played two GRUDGE MATCHES straight up.

http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,40942.0.html
http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,48959.0.html

Kalen has lost both of them. Now there's a good source for ribbing. ;)

Also, it is not productive to rib me unless you know you won't have to face me in a match where I get my strokes. ;)

"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Michael Essig

« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2012, 12:16:48 PM »
Garland, fortunately we are on the same team.  :) So, I look forward to you taking down Kalen for the third time in your Sat. morning unofficial match, and every other time you face him.

I noticed the discrepancy, he isn't one of those people that only posts his good scores is he?  :-\   Cheers

Kalen Braley

« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2012, 12:46:02 PM »
Actually,

I didn't know that the sat morning match was official yet, but by all means I'm game.....I'd love to even up the series over the next weekend.  :)

P.S.  I post all my scores and I always correctly apply ESC , (except winter golf on temp greens).  I was playing great golf last spring and posted several good scores in the mid 80s to get my cap down to a 13.  But unfortunately, by mid- summer I started playing crappy golf again and that's when I played Garland in grudge match 2 and lost again.

Inconsistent play this year has meant taking more bogeys than normal, as opposed to getting my usual 5-7 pars per round.

Pete_Pittock

Re: KP 2012 is next week! More info - TEAMS ANNOUNCED
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2012, 01:22:39 PM »
Subject to some minor tweaks, corrections, etc:

NORTH

Captain Peter Pittock  11.2
Bob Jenkins               11.7
Jordan Wall
Rich Choi                  10.7
Sandy Smith
Garland Bayley           20.5
Bob McGhie               NH (Garland says he can whoopass Bob by 3) ;)
Ryan Admussen         15.3
Michael Essig              8.4

SOUTH

Captain Pete Lavallee   8.6
Dale Jackson               4.9
Victor Santodomingo   8.6
John Kirk                   3.1
Kalen Braley             15.3
Michael Halvorson       21
Bill McBride                13.2
Ted Harris                 13.3
Will MacEwen             6.8

Still waiting confirmation on a couple of entrants.

This is what I could find on GHIN & GCHF look-up.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 02:12:17 PM by Pete_Pittock »

Will MacEwen

« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2012, 01:34:48 PM »
I believe I have for Rich, Bob M, both Michaels, and Ted.

So far nobody has told me that they are actually better than their index/factor and that it should be adjusted lower.  

Edit:

Rich - 10.7
Michael E. 8.4
Michael H 21
Ted 13.3

« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 01:45:12 PM by Will MacEwen »

Mike Hendren

« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2012, 01:42:24 PM »
Go South!

Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2012, 02:10:39 PM »
It looks like the teams are being set up so that the putter heads back to California so it doesn't have to travel very far for next years edition.

Garland Bayley

« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2012, 02:16:25 PM »
I Pete the only Californian in that lineup?

Will MacEwen

« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2012, 02:18:31 PM »
It looks like the teams are being set up so that the putter heads back to California so it doesn't have to travel very far for next years edition.

Jordan and Sandy are Players.

Isn't it going back to California no matter what?

Garland Bayley

« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2012, 02:52:08 PM »

Jordan and Sandy are Players.

Isn't it going back to California no matter what?

I think Pete meant that the captain would get the trophy. Since he is not from California, if the trophy went with him it would not be going back to California. However, if he thinks south likely to win, he would think the trophy was going back with the other Pete.

Before you label Jordan a "player" perhaps you should determine his record in KP matches. ;)

Kalen Braley

« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2012, 10:47:15 AM »
As you begin packing for the weekend, make sure not to forget the rain gear.....

http://www.intellicast.com/Local/Weather.aspx?location=CAXX0830

P.S.  I wonder if the course will still play fast and firm after a few days of rain early this week.

Garland Bayley

« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2012, 12:19:49 PM »
Will there be more players than the 18 listed above? Bob's earlier list had 33 names.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back